ABOUT INOGEN Inogen was founded in 2001 to improve quality of life and increase freedom and independence for oxygen therapy users. Inogen is innovation in oxygen therapy. The Inogen mission is to improve freedom and independence for oxygen therapy patients through innovative products and services. Inogen is a manufacturer and Accredited Homecare Provider.
Inogen is focused on quality care, continuous improvement, and outstanding customer satisfaction. We are a stable, USA based company dedicated to providing an exciting and rewarding career to our employees. We completed a successful Initial Public Offering on the NASDAQ in 2014 and have demonstrated substantial growth over the last five years. Our work environment is casual yet high performing, and we are looking for seriously talented, motivated, and fast-paced professionals to join our team.
The Sr. Manager of Finance Operations will support the global manufacturing organization in Inogen. This position will partner with manufacturing leadership to establish budgets, forecasts, manage variances, identify financial opportunities to improve cost and to perform financial analysis of strategic opportunities. The Sr. Manage of Finance Operations will be the main liaison between manufacturing/operations leadership and corporate accounting, FP&A and Internal Audit functions.
The Sr. Manager of Finance Operations, reports to the Executive Vice President of Operations with a functional dotted-line to the Director of Finance at Inogen Corporate.
- Responsible for maintaining a SOX control environment in conjunction with operations management and internal audit team.
- Key member of the Operations Leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Budgeting and Forecast Process:
- Develop annual budgets and quarterly forecasts with strong input from manufacturing/operations leadership.
- Work with Goleta accounting function & Operations to review monthly variances, investigate root cause & establish corrective actions.
- Analyze PPV in conjunction with accounting department to ensure price accuracy.
- Interface with accounting department on developing warranty reserve estimates.
- Propose and implement improvements to budget and forecast process setup in Adaptive.
- Work with Ops Leadership to develop Oracle reporting and floor metrics that support the financial forecast.
- Key member in managing the inventory cycle count and physical inventory count process from an audit/finance perspective.
- Partner with Inventory Manager to create robust adjustment reporting and root cause analysis.
- Partner with Ops leadership to develop an inventory turns and DPO forecast.
Project Management/Strategic Planning:
- Work with Ops Leadership to perform ROI analysis on all global capital/cost savings projects.
- Work with the EVP of Ops on the financial elements of the strategic plan to include: Make/Buy Analysis, New Manufacturing facility location and Organization Planning.
Do you possess these abilities?
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Must be well-organized and a self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Able to work at all levels of the organization from CEO down to the shop floor.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Ability to analyze and interpret company financial data & reporting.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing & reviewing financial information.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multi task.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Able to sort through a high amount of information, focus on the critical few, establish countermeasures and implement for sustainable results.
- Results orientation and high-sense-of-urgency.
- High emotional intelligence. Can work through organization conflict productively and come to solutions that are for the better good of the company.
- Strategic focus and business acumen able to learn the key strategies of the business and translate into a financial plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of study, required.
- MBA, preferred
- 7 years' experience in cost accounting, FP&A roles, required. 5 years' experience directly supporting a manufacturing operation, preferred.
- 2 years' experience in personnel management, with a minimum of 5 direct reports, required.
- 5 years' experience working directly in an ERP system, preferred.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, required.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.