Senior Manager, Finance (Finance & Accounting)
8 - 10 years experience •
Ubisoft is composed of over 12,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distributionnetwork, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Senior Manager of Finance for its Financial Planning and Analysis department. This individual will be located in San Francisco and report to a VP of Finance. The position will support the North, Central, and South America territories.
The Senior Manager of Finance will be responsible for delivering value-added business analyses as well as defining and reporting meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate business decision-making and financial predictability for the Sales function.
- Lead the development of the annual gross margin budget, financial forecasts, and long term strategy planning cycles, including the aggregation of data, development of supporting models, use of competitive data and coordination with territory leaders
- Work closely with individual markets to understand and communicate key issues, risks and opportunities, underlying planning assumptions, and overall performance objectives
- Understand market dynamics, business trends, and competitive landscape to provide insight on impact to key titles and businesses
- Work cross functionally with studios to validate key assumptions & forecasts for key titles
- Provide effective financesupport within a constant changing environment, considering all business factors, financial analysis and modeling for optimum solutions and business insight necessary for key decision-making to improve the Company’s financial performance
- Work with sales team to analyze optimal sku plan and the price-volume-mix impact of different strategies
- Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, analysis of key business trends, and actual versus forecast variance analysis
- Partner cross-functionally to provide a breadth of insight and financial decision support; create analyses, commentary and presentation materials for Executive and Sales teams
- Continually enhance the quality, efficiency and scale of financial information produced, through financial models, process improvements, financial tools and automation
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed
- Supervise and manage a current team of 6 members that support each of the territories as well as consolidated results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required, MBA preferred
- Advanced Proficiency in financial analysis & financial modeling
- Experience in analysis of retail sales, digital sales, & consumer marketing is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fun and fast-paced environment
- Minimum 7 years of financial analysisexperience
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Team player that can listen and communicate effectively with client groups, analyze needs, and find best practice solutions
- Action-oriented individual who can visualize solutions and execute them efficiently and effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities with emphasis on communication with senior management
- Superior spreadsheet modeling and presentation skills with robust knowledge of Advanced MS Excel, Hyperion Planning & Essbase and MicroStrategy knowledge a plus