We are looking for an experienced finance manager to help support our manufacturing operations.
Reporting to the Director, Finance the successful candidate will be responsible for cost accounting and analysis for Motorola Solutions' Video products manufacturing, including our Canada and US-based manufacturing operations. As a strategic business partner for the AVP (Supply Chain), you will be responsible for helping to drive operational efficiencies and improved profitability while also ensuring accurate robust cost accounting and inventory control.
The manager will lead a team of 9 FP&A analysts supporting our video solutions division. We:
- Provide all accounting support including GL, credit, AP, and treasury support
- Support the divisions finance needs including all budget support for the $1bn video portfolio
- Support BGM partnering for all constituent departments in the video solutions division;
- Support acquisitions & ERP integrations as required.
In addition, the Manager will perform the following duties:
- Mentor and develop the Operations Finance teams, including setting and performance appraisals
- Act as finance lead for video manufacturing, be the gatekeeper to all financial decisions in manufacturing
- Work closely with all controllers from acquisitions & other operating units
- Responsibility of Accurate weekly revenue reporting of total video, ownership of video revenue visibility deck.
- Weekly communication on inventory & cycle count results
- Improvement of weekly & monthly reports regarding revenue, cost & inventory.
- Monthly consolidation of cost reporting
- Responsibility for quarterly OPS review reporting
- Management of CAPEX budget
- GM reporting for total video view, analysis on key variances.
- Implement actionable financial reporting and analysis to highlight operational metrics, improve cost savings visibility and drive transparency into operational cost drivers
- Work with other operations controllers to drive consistent reporting across all manufacturing plants & all video businesses.
- Involvement into S&OP process, review last time buy & alignment on subsequent E&O
- Ensure cycle counting process are inline with outlined procedures
- Work closely with internal audit on maintaining all policies and procedures regarding inventory, cycle counting and standard cost reporting
- Quarterly assessment of total cost allocation within business units and reassess absorption rate of new acquired operations
- Compile and review quarterly savings tracker, validate all savings reported by respective teams.
- Maintain employee listing and budget of manufacturing team
- Weekly efficiency tracker of operations & management of hourly headcount per month in order to manage efficiency in relation to MRP
Budgeting, Planning & Analysis:
- Analyze actual results for inventory, standard costing, operational metrics and P&L items and provide recommendations for improvements
- Setup & Review KPI’s and all weekly and monthly reporting with plant management and ensure action plans are in place to improve performance
- Assist with annual budgets, refreshes, and latest estimate forecasts - ensure monthly revised costing aligns to latest revenue targets
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness and reasonability of our inventory costing for the video manufacturing process
- Develop, implement, and improve the performance of month end close processes and reporting related to manufacturing, inventory and COGS.
- Costing of all new acquisitions, ensure accurate timing & BOM’s. Translate finalized costing into TP
- Manufacturing variance reporting per operation on a monthly basis and communicate with VP Supply Chain.
• In depth knowledge of cost and inventory accounting
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role within a manufacturing company, most preferably in electronics
• SAP experience
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in fast paced work environment
• Strong communication skills
• Key stakeholder management is a must
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Professional accounting designation or MBA
• Public, multinational company experience specifically in electronics
Undergraduate university degree and CPA with 5 years of experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.