Our Sr. Manager, Tech Services, provides leadership to four to five teams led by a Field Engineering Tech Services Manager or Supervisor and comprising of four to eight team members. You are accountable for the deliverables assigned to your group. Your director will be looking to you to drive the activities necessary to meet those deliverables. You will be responsible for planning, budgeting, and organizing the activities of the section. This will be the first time you will engage in indirect leadership. While your Tech Services Managers and Supervisors have the responsibility for their teams, you have a role to play in ensuring group performance. You will, at times, deal directly with associates. You will also be accountable to the individuals on your team. Impactful coaching and mentoring will be important aspects of your role. As a Sr. Manager, you will ensure that complex IT problems have been addressed by conferring with your customers and IT partners by working to negotiate problem resolution, timelines and deliverable commitments. You will assist and guide your team as they come across challenges and conflicting priorities.
As a Sr. Manager, Tech Specialist, you will:
- Work with your Director to address project dependencies, negotiate and estimate incremental delivery dates for milestones with the stakeholder community, and deliver projects on time
- Identify and raise appropriate project risks, in addition to presenting detailed and implementable solutions or alternatives
- Understand how requirements and design choices may impact systems across multiple areas
- Report on your team’s progress for project and other key metrics, in addition to presenting detailed and implementable ideas for areas to further improve or influence product or project delivery
- Initiate and support performance evaluation of team members
- Cultivate a culture that motivates all levels of performers to higher levels of achievement
- Execute change management processes and best practices, adapting approach as necessary
- Build and maintain relationships with your team members to support an environment of trust
- Influence those you motivate and coach to be receptive to feedback by cultivating a culture that acknowledges and expects individuals to grow and be accountable as a result of experience gained (growth mindset)
- Identify where technical or analytical skill gaps put future team deliverables at risk and craft a plan to remediate, consistently challenge team members to share knowledge and learn new technologies
- Proficiently execute difficult conversations on development and performance
- Craft and deliver strategic and well-structured persuasive arguments to drive projects that drive process improvement, enhance cost leadership, and/or customer experience. These are the sources of GEICO’s competitive advantage.
- Manage up to leadership as well as give feedback when appropriate
- Administer coaching plan(s) and Performance Improvement Plan(s)
- Craft fully compliant quality documentation
- Compliant negotiation and execution of warning administration and/or involuntary termination
- Develop the team budget and be accountable for reporting on results achieved at regular intervals
- Significantly contribute to the team planning process to include surfacing associate level proposals
- Some travel required.
- Proven success implementing large scale projects across multiple disciplines
- Reputation as someone who engages with team members effectively
- Identified as someone who genuinely cares about others and invests time and attention in career counseling others, focusing time and energy in encouraging associates to continue to grow and stretch into new roles or gain experience or skillsets needed to prepare for future roles
- Deep understanding of multiple business domains as well as the application ecosystems they depend upon
- Constructing, interpreting, and applying metrics to your work and decision making, able to use those metrics to identify correlation between drivers and results, and using that information to drive prioritization and action
- Initiative and creativity in solving problems and driving innovation through others
- Delivery of information in a clear and concise manner appropriate to the audience
- Embracing ownership of both successes and failures, demonstrating leadership maturity
- Ability to balance multiple assignments distributed across multiple teams and dependency areas
- Confidence with decision making
- Clearly able to see how projects interrelate and have a strategic impact
- Ability to build and maintain a network of contacts
- Continued understanding of and growth in emotional intelligence.
- 5+ Years of experience in computing devices and computer Operating Systems including Windows with UNIX/Linux as a plus
- Any of the following preferred certifications:
- CompTia Certifications: IT Fundamentals+, A+, Network+, Cloud+, Security+
- Microsoft Certifications: Azure Fundamentals, MTA’s (Microsoft Technology Associate), Windows Operating Fundamentals, Networking Fundamentals, Security Fundamentals, and Programming Fundamentals
- Cisco: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
As a full time associate, you’ll enjoy our to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team
$111,000.00 - $207,000.00
The above annual salary range is a general guideline. Multiple factors are taken into consideration to arrive at the final hourly rate/ annual salary to be offered to the selected candidate. Factors include, but are not limited to, the scope and responsibilities of the role, the selected candidate’s work experience, education and training, the work location as well as market and business considerations.