The Senior Manager, Field Effectiveness is a key leadership role within the Operations group at Sunrun and will report to the Senior Director, Operations Analytics & Strategy. This role is responsible for the Field Effectiveness team that partners closely with regional and branch leadership to deliver fast, efficient solar installations with a great customer experience. This team is a key liaison between Sunrun branches and other centralized functions, internal and external to Operations. This role must have in depth knowledge of the solar process, technology systems, business reporting & analytics, and project/program management. This position requires risk analysis, critical thinking and the ability to provide solutions to the benefit of the company, individual branches, and projects. Excellent problem solving skills are required. He/She will have a track record with proven leadership abilities (communication, relationship building, training & development, etc.) and will be expected to partner exceptionally well with other leaders in the business in effort to driving a world class operations team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and continually refine the strategic vision for Field Effectiveness
- Identify & drive “Best Practices” throughout individual branch operations. Once a “Best Practice” has been identified, ensure that thepractice is standardized and shared across all regions.
- Work closely with the Sales, Project Management, Design Engineering and Branch Operations leadership teams to manage thebacklog, identify areas for improvement (speed, customer experience, customer realization, quality, cost), and implement.
- Partner with local Branch leadership to identify opportunities for Operations enablement and support. Determine if they apply for local conditions or address national needs. Drive to solutions while prioritizing and providing visibility to those requests.
- Innovate and influence software development roadmap - both the tactical use of tools like Workflow Management and Salesforce.com, and the tools that provide insightful & strategic reporting to Field Operations (Oracle Business Intelligence, internalexcel tools, etc.).
- Develop and manage employee resource and communication programs including Branch Newsletter, Sunrun Central page, SMS texting, process change management, etc. to ensure Field Operations employees have access to key Sunrun communications and information.
- Develop and oversee key programs including branch competitions & contests, timekeeping, SOX compliance, branch report packages, etc.
- Provide functional leadership for the Branch & Installation Coordinator teams including evaluation, management, and implementation of process improvements.
- Orchestrate training documentation and efforts.
- Organize all hands meetings, national calls and business reviews.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- 10-30% travel required.
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OTHER SKILLS)
- 4-7 years business experience required
- 3+ years management experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree required; preferable majors include business, economics, construction management, or industrial engineering
- Residential Solar experience highly desired
- Experience with Salesforce highly desired
- Reporting, analytical, and project management experience required
- Process engineering experience a plus
- Leadership excellence in high pressure situations
- A self-starter who can identify what needs to happen and execute with minimal oversight
- Outstanding communication skills, including excellent listening skills - in writing and presentations, over the phone, and face-to-face
- Operationally & process focused; detailed oriented but able to grasp big picture.
- Positive attitude; not easily flustered, motivated team player, looking to succeed.
- Strong work ethic, analytical, understands how to manage people effectively and leads by example. Able and willing to dive deep, get involved and do the things that need to get done.
- Most importantly, any candidate must fit a company spirit where people work smart, play hard, have fun, and are dedicated to success.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite
- Ability to perform normal office duties
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact and participate in meetings