Teledyne Controls’ mission, vision, and value statements have never really changed in principle since 1964. Dedication to every employee and client’s success; Innovation that matters - for our company and for the world; Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships – Teledyne Controls is EveryWhereYouLook!
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization - whose company culture is centered on empowering its employees to make decisions? As one of the leading providers of end-to-end avionics solution, Teledyne Controls is focused on hiring the best available talent!
Teledyne Controls’ is seeking a seasoned Senior Manager to provide overall leadership for the Factor Quality Control team with emphasis on ensuring the factory related elements of the overall product realization processes are conducted and supported to ensure 100% product and/or service compliance with customer, regulatory and company requirements.
- Manage supervise, and train the Factory Quality Control department employees.
- Plan and execute the overall Factory Quality Engineering Roles and Responsibilities.
- Manage and track the Factory Quality Control work flow processes and the productivity of the factory quality engineering the factory quality control inspection team.
- Material Review Board (MRB): Lead preliminary Material Review Board (p-MRB) review and initial disposition of the nonconforming material Rejection Reports (RR), and thereafter support and participate in the final Material Review Board (MRB) Log status and RR dispositions in support of both factory quality control and supplier quality control.
- Change Control Board (CCB): Participate in the conduct of the company CCB reviews for all production standards. Review, disposition and approve Engineering Orders (EOs) for all existing production standards on behalf of both factory quality control and supplier quality control.
- Develop, maintain, and improve Quality Assurance Special Inspection Instructions (QASII) required by the factory quality control inspection for both initial and final product inspection.
- Manage, participate, oversee and coordinate all related factory quality control activities such as, First Article Inspection (FAI) process, FAA Conformity, Quality Assurance Bulletin (QAB), Quality Escapes, product defect containment action plans, customer source inspection, internal quality audits, key suppliers quality performance control and supplier quality improvement initiatives
- Facilitate and support System Process improvements in such areas as design and development.
- FAA Conformity Projects: Provide support during FAA Conformity Projects of Test Articles and Test Set Up, or as part of an external Organization Designation Unit Member ODA-Unit Member. This may include factory quality inspectionsupport, issuance of the FAA Form Statement of Conformity #8130-9, witnessing any required acceptance test procedure.
- Customer, Regulatory, and DNV Audits: Support the quality compliance manager in the conduct of these audits and take the lead for quality engineering in addressing the audits’ findings.
- Quality Performance Review: Lead and conducted the Factory Quality Review Meeting covering the Inspection Yield Status, workmanship Defects Trends, suppliers defect trends, the identification of required corrective actions and thereafter tracking the implementation.
- Must be a U.S. Person due to iTAR restrictions
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent
- At least a minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years’ of work experience in quality management, quality engineering or related engineering, manufacturing processes, or supply chain disciplines.
- Deep knowledge of Aerospace / Defense products, systems technologies, regulations and standards
- Recent IPC-610 and IPC-620 requirements; ability to read and review engineering drawings
- Familiarity with FAA requirements, FAR Part 21 and 145, for new production and repair preferred
- Must have a strong understanding of both ISO9001 and AS9100
- Must be able to perform Quality Engineering functions; such as failure investigation, generating failure reports, and corrective action replies in an industry regulated by the FAA, EASA, and Chinese Aviation Authorities.
- Advanced ability in operating a computer and in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Visio and otherdatabase software
- Knowledge of TIPQA and File-Make data base preferred
This is a full-time opportunity with one of the leading providers of sophisticated solutions designed to help operators increase flight safety and operational efficiency through more efficient aircraft data and information management, located in El Segundo, California.
What can Teledyne Controls’ offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Teledyne Controls requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.