Accountable for the management, operations, and financial performance of Plant Operations, Environmental Services and Safety, ongoing maintenance and repair of the buildings, mechanical/electrical systems, equipment and grounds, and for the provision of a safe working environment for Regional Office and Medical Buildings and/or leased buildings.
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments through subordinate managers who exercise full supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas within region or functional areas and/or customers.
- Point of contact for all internal/external issues related to operation of physical plant, environmental services, safety management, and construction project liaison.
- Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of governmental and accrediting agencies by actively participating in the development, implementation and evaluation of effective policies, standards, practices and procedures.
- Develops and revises standards for Plant Operations, Environmental Services, Nutritional Services and Security/Transportation Services as identified by regulatory agencies.
- Directs staff in their attainment of service, quality and cost objectives.
- Promulgates service programs, implementing performance standards for quality customer service. Directs and oversees the budgets.
- Identifies/implements strategies to reduce costs and improve services.
- Manages and resolves human resources, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues.
- Coordinates local/state fire authority, OSHA, DOHS and JCAHO inspection visits involving facility or building concerns.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in management/leadership.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in facility management, construction administration, project management.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public health, or engineering required OR four (4) years of experience in facility maintenance/management industry or a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated experience in the management of building systems and possess knowledge of advanced building engineering principles.
- Requires advanced knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and working knowledge of multiple related functions.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Expert knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations especially those relating to environmental services, hazardous waste management and safety.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in management/leadership in health care or a related facilities services environment preferred.
- Health care industry experience preferred.
- Master's degreepreferred.
- Professional designation such as CFM or CHFM preferred.
Job Number: 763625