Responsible for overseeing the administration of a Maintenance program and repair activities, along with the staff of the Maintenance department to ensure that all scheduled maintenance and or calibration repairs are communicated and carried out to meet department goals. Will supervise Maintenance staff and outside contractor services, troubleshoot electrical and mechanical equipment, and provide general technical support assistance to manufacturing, lab and office staff. Assist manufacturing personnel by supporting manufacturing needs and keeping maximum production efficiency. Assist Maintenance staff in the safe and consistent operation of all facilities/central plant equipment. Provide skills and training necessary to ensure a broad base of knowledge within the Maintenance group. Organize and prepare technical documentation necessary to ensure cGMP compliance of all manufacturing operations. Ensure the technical advancement of all field service staff by providing skills and training necessary to ensure a broad base of knowledge within the group.
- Supervise field service staff Group Leaders, or Supervisors, and all on-site service providers; ensure daily productivity by establishing priorities and resource utilization.
- Represent the Maintenance department at meetings and report department progress and communicate department needs.
- Work with Maintenance Business Office to ensure that all Maintenance documentation is filed appropriately in accordance with cGMP procedures.
- Provide purchasing oversight for maintenance activities with budgetary adherence responsibility.
- Provide technical expertise to support subordinate staff and troubleshoot and repair equipment failures as necessary.
- Coordinate departmental communications with regard to maintenance and repair scheduling to minimize affect of production schedules.
- Ensure that all repair and maintenance activities are conducted in accordance with written cGMP procedures.
- Revise old or establish new procedures for the Preventive Maintenance program to meet cGMP requirements.
- Provide status updates and business fundamental reports to management as required.
- Evaluate employee’s customer service, professionalism and technical abilities and provide feedback as necessary.
- Collect and organize technical data from equipment manufacturers, equipment users, and engineering personnel.
- Provide training to co-workers, to ensure a broad base of knowledge and minimize specialization within the group.
- Review and approve all time sheets for staff. Perform annual reviews for Mechanical staff and or Calibration staff members. Perform interviews to select appropriate candidates on positions open for hiring to fill Maintenance headcount.
- All employees with jobs that require access to the Warehouse must be able to pass the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Threat Assessment (STA).
- Promotes a safety culture that support continuous improvement in the EHS management system through active communication and functional area participation in site safety teams ensuring the safe and efficient operation of assigned functional areas and activities. Fosters a positive safety culture in which no one gets hurt.
- Identifies and evaluates organizational relationships between engineering & architectural firms and constructioncontractor teams to maximize the capability of all groups, and to minimize schedule and project cost impact.
- Develops, evaluates and takes action on facilities benchmarking studies.
- Establishes and enforces project management policies and procedures.
- Represents the Facilities department in making commitments on the part of the Company to representatives of the local, State, and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Facilities Management Certificate.
- 10 years experience including 3 years in supervisory role
- Ability to lead and communicate and be able to work with other people in the organization to accomplish common departmental and corporate goals.
- Must be organized and flexible, capable of working on multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Ability to supervise maintenance/calibration staff and coordinate department activities.
- Ability to Interact with internal and external customers including vendors and other GNE departments and individuals to provide information, documentation or answer questions.
- Ability to mentor and coach subordinates and develop career plans for employees.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering (mechanical/electrical/P&ID) drawings and specifications.
Job ID: 201812-130520