About the role
The Zillow Group employee communications team is looking for an executive communications manager to support the CEO of Zillow Group with the development and delivery of thoughtful communications that connect, engage, and align employees to our business, innovation, and culture for company growth and speed. The ideal candidate will ensure that strategic communications plans are created and executed across multiple communication channels (e.g., company meetings, executive briefings, Q&A sessions, office visits, leadership offsites, etc.). This person will be the CEO’s trusted communications partner, who will provide sound counsel on all internal communications. He/She will travel regularly to various company locations, ensuring we’re making connections with our employees.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Integrate corporate messages, narratives, and stories into an internal speaking platform, modifying materials into an authentic voice.
- Create various written communications and executive-level presentation materials for employee visits and events.
- Craft original content in partnership with multiple subject matter experts that is relevant to target audiences. Where messaging does not exist, drive inclusive process to develop messaging and gain buy-in and approval from key stakeholders.
- Develop day-to-day communication deliverables including, but not limited to: announcements, presentation materials, email messages, speaker’s notes, intranet posts, etc.
- Liaise with key members of the Corporate Communications, Public Relations, and Government Relations teams to ensure purposeful, and consistent messaging across multiple programs and campaigns.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to discuss and define plans, initiate research to obtain existing messages and content.
- Design and execute a comprehensive communications plan for the CEO, with clearly defined objectives, channels, timelines, and measures for success.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for any internal communications needs for the CEO – before he asks for support.
About the team
The employee communications group is a small and mighty team that drives internal communications within Zillow Group, and is passionate about informing, engaging, and inspiring employees to deliver on our company mission. You will report to the Zillow Group director of employee communications, working closely with corporate communications, public relations, human resources, brand leads, and othershared services teams to develop integrated and consistent messaging for our employees. You’ll influence story content for employee engagement, with an emphasis on business results, innovation, community and culture, and more.
Who are you?
- 10 years of experience developing content and devising communication strategy at an executive level.
- Strategic thinker with strong executive influence skills and content development skills, who can turn complex ideas into stories and visual concepts, which can be easily understood by broad audiences.
- Excellent writer, capable of understanding how various initiatives fit into a larger strategy (i.e., “connecting the dots” for employees), and how to adapt and execute written business materials into the authentic executive voice.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with senior management and provide sound counsel on all communications matters.
- Deadline-driven self-starter with good judgement and a strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and resilient problem solver who works well with peers and executives.
- Self-starter with strong organization and program management skills, who consistently meets milestones, tight deadlines, and communicates status on concurrent projects.
- Works well under pressure and fast-paced environments.
- PowerPoint expert who can translate difficult concepts visually.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, ideally in Communications, Journalism, or Business Management.
- MBA helpful.