The Senior Manager, Ethical Sourcing Program is responsible for strategy, development, implementation and compliance management of company third party Ethical Sourcing, Import Manufacturing Site Validation, Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) Security Audit, and Direct to Retail (DTR) Licensing programs allowing for a holistic approach to the vetting of international and domestic suppliers. Develops and maintains corporate and global KPIs to ensure compliance and mitigate enterprise risk as pertains to Global Supply Chain. Position reports to the Product Integrity organization.
- Performs as the Product Integrity Program Manager for the Direct to Retail (DTR) Licensing initiative. Defines and drives Product Integrity strategy on quality, safety and ethical activities to ensure appropriate coverage for contract compliance and effective price points for Merchandising Team. Develops and maintains company DTR-specific withdrawal and recall process to ensure contract compliance and mitigation of risk for all Brands potentially affected
- Performs as the Program Manager for Anti-Dumping, Countervailing and Illegal Transshipment Import Manufacturing Site Validation initiative. Develops and maintains strategies, policies and zero tolerance thresholds for the implementation of a third-party validation audit program to support the required reasonable care threshold for United States International Trade Commission and Customs and Border Protection.
- Performs as the Program Manager for Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) Security Audit initiative. Develops and maintains strategies, policies and zero tolerance thresholds for the implementation of a third-party C-TPAT audit program to support the requirements to protect the supply chain, identify security gaps, and implement specific security measures and best practices required as a partner with Customs and Border Protection.
- Performs as Program Manager for Global Ethical Sourcing initiative and as key resource for the company, driving policies and education at all levels of the organization. Develops and manages strategy and policies for supplier base of Owned and Exclusive Brands, Good Not For Resale, Importer of Record and Global Brands products to mitigate highest risk to Enterprise Brand.
- Collaborates with Supply Chain SMEs to incorporate tariff requirements and current statutes as communicated through United States International Trade Commission and Customs and Border Protection into audit initiative. Collaborates with Asset Protection SMEs to incorporate US Customs and Border Protection guidelines and requirements changes into audit initiative.
- Develops and manages global risk factor tools to support Merchandising Team initiatives including commodity fluctuations and Global Enterprise education to support Global regulatory requirements for social compliance initiative.
- Facilitates research, develops strategies and manages corrective actions for manufacturing sites and Supplier Base found to be non-compliant with Walgreens Vendor Compliance requirements as set forth during the new vendor verification process.
- Manages other Product Integrity programs as assigned by the Director to achieve companywide product quality, safety and ethical strategies.
- Defines strategies and policies for the implementation of a third-party ethical sourcing preventive audit program.
- Drives Compliance with social responsibility standards as applicable.
- Represents the company on external committees based on area of expertise.
- Serves as primary technical resource for ethical sourcing vendor approval and works and communicates closely with Product Managers to assure vendor compliance with audit program.
- Reviews yearly vendor ethical audits and certify each vendor’s corrective action plan to address non-compliance issues.
- Support continuous improvement efforts by developing and maintaining a vendor scorecard tracking ethical audit performance. Identifies low performers and takes appropriate action to obtain improvement or decertify vendor.
- Supervises Product Integrity specialists supporting Ethical Sourcing Audits and additional Product Integrity programs.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- MBA Preferred, Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in Consumer Packaged Goods vendor management or GED with at least 7 years of experience in Consumer Packaged Goods vendor management.
- Moderate level for Microsoft Suite, including Finance basics.
- At least 2 years of experience working in Global mass/retail role.
- At least 1 year of experience in a corporate retail technical leadership role.
- At least 3 years of experience with third party laboratories or auditing services providers.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience of cross functional team leadership
- Willing to travel up to/at least 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA in Project Management, Social Compliance, Engineering, Microbiology or Scientific Field and at least 5 years of experience managing vendor quality or audit programs
- At least 3 years of experience working with international third party testing or auditing companies
- At least 3 years of experience in international vendor technical issue management and resolution.