Intellia is a leading gene editing company, focused on the development of proprietary, potentially curative therapeutics using a recently developed biological tool known as the CRISPR/Cas9 system. Intellia believes the CRISPR/Cas9 technology has the potential to transform medicine by permanently editing disease-associated genes in the human body with a single treatment course.
Intellia is seeking a strong team contributor and leader to provide oversight, critical thinking, process evaluation and improvement on our accounting and reporting team. The position will be responsible for accounting for all equity transactions as well as for payroll, including stock-based compensation transactions (options, RSUs, our ESPP and 10b5-1 plan transactions). Responsible for all payroll and equity functions. Process and manage semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls within the ADP system.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls accurately and timely
- Administer 401k program, including transmission of 401k contribution information, year-end reporting and testing
- Maintain accurate employee information in all relevant systems
- Partner with HR for all areas involving compensation and benefits
- Manage special payments related to relocation, recognition award, leave of absences, etc.
- Develop and run ad-hocreporting as necessary
- Keep up to date with federal, state, and local tax and withholding laws and ensure compliance
- Record all payroll and equity related journal entries in te general ledger timely
- Projects as needed to include system upgrades, payroll conversations, etc.
- Review new equity grants and upload into the stock option administration system
- Maintain blackout lists and periods
- Monitor restricted stock units vesting/releaseschedules and coordinate with Equity Edge on selling to cover for taxes
- Administer ESPP enrollment and purchases ensuring compliance with the program
- Monitor equity activity at our transfer agent
- Review 10b5-1 plans and daily transactions, including ensuring that taxes are correctly calculated
- Collect and remit funds resulting from cash option exercises
- Update stock-based compensation assumptions to calculate Black-Scholes Values of awards
- Perform monthly close activities including reconciliations of option proceeds receivable and employee withholding tax payable, reconciling our transfer agent records to our own, recording stock-based compensation expense, etc.
- Reconcile quarterly grant activity to Board, Compensation Committee, and CEO written consents
- Prepare equity, stock option and RSU rollforwards and otherrequired disclosures for SEC reporting
- Provide customer service to employees of all levels on equity-related matters, including troubleshooting of issues
- Assist with quarterly review and annual audit preparation for our auditors, helping to ensure that high-quality financial information is created
- Assist with ad hoc projects as necessary and performs any other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA, with previous public accounting experience a plus
- Must be familiar with policy, common procedures, practices and concepts
- Must have a strong understanding of wages and wage laws
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft suites, etc.)
- Experience in a shared service environment and solid understanding of HR cycles
- Previous experience with equity administration required
- 4-6 years of experience in an accounting role, with biotech industry experiencepreferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Experience with the following systems: Equity Edge, Computer Share, ADP, is Mandatory
- Experience with ASC718 and FAS123R
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS PLEASE