The Senior Manager, IS PPMO is responsible for developing and managing the Portfoilo & Project Management Office (PPMO) delivery with accountability for planning, leadership, management, direction and administration for activities for PSJH Epic & Clinical Applications. This position will assist the Exec Director in managing the strategy, policies and practices for staff supporting PSJH implementations including communicating performance levels. The Senior Manager ensures that all programs and projects assigned are appropriately planned, managed and delivered to meet customer defined value metrics, regulatory mandates and ongoing business and clinical requirements. The Senior Manager provides leadership to maximize financial resources, quality, cost effectiveness and responsiveness by working closely with project sponsors, internal and external stakeholders and collaboration with technology, applications, operations, informatics, customer service and strategy business teams. teams of up to 25-50 Caregivers.
In this position you will:
- Maintain relationships with key business partners and other senior leaders in the IS/PPMO industry in order to leverage best practices, evaluate emerging strategies, and distribute knowledge internally to develop, inform plans and strategies.
- Implement appropriate project delivery models for IS where the IS organization is a trusted adviser in defining, delivering, and improving services for the enterprise and its customers.
- Support the implementation of standards and policies for the Portfolio & Project Management Office development across PSJH.
- Monitor the performance of the project management staff and evaluates the performance on the basis of specific KPIs.
- Oversee IS operations for the specific areas of Project Management.
- Maintain the delivery of secure, reliable, and scalable Project Management functions that support the growth and financial objectives of PSJH. Manages the delivery of Projects/Programs while continuously evaluating new and emerging methodologies to expand service delivery and reduce cost.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Business Management, Information Services Or equivalent educ/experience.
- 8+ years project management experience in an Information Services setting.
- 8+ years of experience in leading complex project teams with members of multiple disciplines or an equivalent combination of relevant experience preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage project management leaders and individual contributors.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives with an emphasis on deploying software solutions that provide business value.
- Thorough understanding of current developments and trends in effective project management.
- Strong vendor and contract management skills and ability to negotiate through challenging situations with both internal and external customers.
- Strong knowledge of current best practices in project/program management.
- Demonstrated experience of successful delivery of large enterprise wide programs/projects.
- Proven experience in the development of sound, intelligent strategies for strategic system implementation, integration methods, business process improvement, change management, product integration and risk management.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply effective business strategies and strategic planning; a strategic business focus and understanding; understanding of how projects are tied to business goals and objectives.
- Detailed understanding of project lifecycle, methodology and structure/governance; demonstrated ability to develop and deploy PM methodologies to organizations.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Project management and planning experience in healthcare (Epic projects preferred).
- Background in Management Consulting Services, Change Management, and Business Process Reengineering preferred.
- Proficiency with operating and capital budgeting tools.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications.
- Ability to rapidly summarize complex information and present to others.
- Project management Professional designation (PMI) Certification.
- Master’s degree in Information Services, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, or a related IS or healthcare field Or equivalent educ/experience