We are seeking a Senior Manager, Epic Applications - Tapestry to provide excellence in Epic application which includes, implementations and support for Providence St Joseph Health and affiliated organizations. The essential functions of this position include providing day to day management of the Epic application teams which can include a single module to many areas and collaborating across IS to ensure success. Leadership input and support of the department and IS strategic goals and roadmap deployment, resource planning and utilization, support and ownership of the application services operational support initiatives. Development of department budget management within respective application focus areas. This includes the development, leadership, and support of individual application road maps, implementation and optimization activities, and production support of applications within span of control. This position is responsible for managing department budget, leading, mentoring and developing application analysts and supervisors/managers as well as other staff. This position will work in close collaboration with Epic senior and executive leadership, business and clinical governance and other leaders across the PSJH and affiliates. This position is responsible for the overall integrity of the Epic team and build, the success of new Epic and integrated third party product introductions, and may also have accountability for other, third party, non-Epic applications.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintains relationships with key business partners and other senior leaders, as well as key contacts in the IT industry in order to leverage best practices, and to evaluate and manage emerging technologies.
- Supports appropriate service delivery models for core application functions by supporting the defining, delivering and improving services for the enterprise and its caregivers.
- Ensures that the Epic applications division supports IS services and systems effectively, and partners with business and clinical leadership to drive and meet organizational objectives. Leadership role in ensuring these objectives are on track and being met.
- Manage customer expectations regarding the success of Information Services strategies and projects; ensures measurable outcomes are defined and reported for each strategy or project.
- Responsible for working with key stakeholders including executives, senior leaders, and a variety of customers to identify, oversee, and deliver technical solutions that are effective and user-friendly, and support strategic initiatives, business and clinical outcomes.
- Ensures the performance of applications and evaluates the performance of services on the basis of specific KPIs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Services or an equivalent combination of education, skills and relevant experience Or equivalent educ/experience.
- 6 years Leadership experience
- 3 years Working in an Epic environment
- 2 years Leadership in an Epic environment
- 8 years Healthcare or Information Services experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multi-disciplinary groups and to accomplish work through subordinate leadership levels, or high level individual contributors
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage Epic supportive information technology efficiently and cost effectively in a large and complex organizations
- Respected leadership skills, particularly in the areas of Epic applications with detailed knowledge regarding our vendor strategies and internal roadmaps
- DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC LICENSURES and CERTIFICATIONS
- Licenses, Certifications and Registrations must be unencumbered and valid in the state(s) of hire and wherever care is delivered.
- Certification in one of the primary Epic application applicable to leadership support area