As part of our commitment to help protect and restore the planet, Regeneron recently announced ambitious environmental targets. The Senior Manager Environmental Sustainability will play a crucial role in helping to advance these sustainability commitments across our operations and broader value chain. The candidate will work cross-functionally to track, report and accelerate our progress, with a focus on collaboration, engagement and transparency.
As a Sr. Manager, Environmental Sustainability, a typical day may include:
- Collaborate with colleagues across our global organization to embed and advance sustainability commitments, including setting science-based targets, designing and implementing new initiatives and co-developing multi-year roadmaps to achieve our targets.
- Manage and advise on environmental sustainability projects to enhance our performance and safeguard our planet.
- Lead global environmental data collection, management and verification to evaluate and disclose environmental performance.
- Help create transparent and compelling reporting on environmental commitments and performance, including supporting Regeneron’s annual Responsibility Report.
- Respond to relevant stakeholder/investor queries and ratings and rankings, including CDP and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- Engage colleagues globally to build awareness, engagement, and encourage collective action around environmental sustainability efforts.
- Providing meaningful updates to business leaders on environmental strategy and key milestones, including the Regeneron Responsibility Committee, senior management team and Board of Directors.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Proven expertise in environmental sustainability, particularly ESG ratings and rankings, including CDP, and environmental data management and reporting, including familiarity with the GHG Protocol and emissions calculation approaches.
- Deep understanding of environmental sustainability trends, including current and emerging regulations, climate change protocols and reporting standards.
- Comfort and proficiency in translating technical environmental knowledge into meaningful messages for internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- High level of professionalism and confidence to work effectively with colleagues from all levels of the organization, including senior leaders, functional managers and the general employee population.
- Ability to work as an independent self-starter and manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
To be considered for this position, you must possess:
Bachelor's Degree (environmental management/engineering or related degree is highly desirable, although not essential). 5-10 years of experience in environmental sustainability, including at least 3 years of experience working with publicly traded companies on sustainability matters. Biopharma experience valued but not required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!