302 Bay StreetJob Family Group:
Business ManagementMust haves:
- Strong and effective communications; ability to turn data into a story and effectively communicate to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Financial Modelling experience
- Project Management experience; (certifications not required). Capable of keeping the team/stakeholders on track, chasing down deliverables and meeting deadlines.
- Experienced in creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Experienced in leveraging relationships to get things done.
- Experienced in multi-tasking.
- Having a good work ethic is important.
Nice to have:
Supports an assigned senior leader (MD and above) in executing strategic priorities for the business/group. Gathers and integrates information to promote the effective and profitable operation of the business/group and enhances the Bank’s profile in the marketplace. Works with stakeholders to interpret financial and business results, understands the operating environment & emerging trends and provides planning, support and recommendations to improve operational effectiveness and tracks achievement of objectives. Supports the effective management of risk, including operational and compliance risk and management of the attestation/reporting process specific to the business. Provides strategic counsel on community/industry events and directs and coordinates the logistics of these events. Supports the development of effective, consistent communications for the business/group senior leader and for the leadership team.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Supports the direct output of the an executive (e.g. VP and above) accountable for a strategic business/function.
- Leads the execution of designated business programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Develops and manages comprehensive information management systems; designs and/or leads initiatives to improve processes, analysis and reporting.
- Plans and controls unit operating expenses in accordance with forecasts.
- Makes recommendations to leaders on financial management processes based on changing requirements.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Conducts independent review, analysis, and resolution of strategic issues.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for service / customer complaint escalations managing the process and communication and following up to ensure customer satisfaction and optimizing overall customer experience.
- Ensures the effective planning and control of unit operating expenses in accordance with business forecasts to ensure spending is maintained within budget.
- Coordinates budgets and reporting to track actual results vs. budget.
- Employs systems (e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports etc.) to manage information.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.