Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 48 days ago
Responsible for helping to develop and pull-through the enterprise strategic plan needed to create and sustain a consistently performing North American organization in alignment with internal and external performance expectations. Supports development and implementation of Novo Nordisk, Inc.'s strategic road map and plan, to help focus teams toward development and execution of cross-organizational strategic choices that optimize mid and longer-term North American investments and resources. Collaborates with other functions in support of strategy alignment and implementation.
Reports to the Director, Enterprise Strategy Management. Internal interactions include a broad range of NNI functions as well as relevant headquarters (HQ) counterparts to ensure strategic coordination across Novo Nordisk, Inc. External relationships may include interactions with various subject matter experts and vendors based on the needs of special projects or implementation of new programs.
•Supports development of the NNI strategy and actively engages with relevant stakeholders on pull through of the 3-5 years enterprise strategic planning process
•Coordinates cross-functional strategic planning work and alignment to company and business units (BU)-specific priorities
•Synthesizes and assesses BU-level strategies to identify opportunities for enterprise-level strategic recommendations aligned toward NNI ambition
•Conducts analyses based on internal and external sources of information to help inform investment trade-offs recommendations and decisions
•Provides project management support for special projects & initiatives
•Proactively supports 3-5 years business strategy for Novo Nordisk, Inc. to ensure clear, focused and evidenced-based strategic themes
•Helps identify, analyze and prioritize key enterprise-wide strategic imperatives, actions and priorities
•Supports management and implementation of NNI planning process roadmap to guide and coordinate various levels of cross-organizational strategic planning activities across Marketing, Medical Affairs and Market Access
•Partners with BUs to facilitate, formulate and align strategic options and impact on business
•Performs benchmarking, market landscape assessments, scenario planning and business case development in support of strategic implications, recommendations and decisions
•Analyses strategic questions/options and provides evidenced-based recommendations
•Partners with Commercial Analytics and Insights, Finance, Human Resources and BU leaders to drive and align strategic planning inputs and outputs
•Supports coordination of strategy metrics with S2A planning as appropriate
•Tracks strategy progress (i.e. metrics and KPIs) against goals and ambition to report status and inform potential course correction opportunities
•Supports development and management of growth, efficiency, innovation and sustainability initiatives, in alignment with executive team (ET)-agenda and anchored to NNI Enterprise Strategy
•Collaborates with communications and change management teams to deploy related plans
0-10% overnight travel required.
• A Bachelor's degree or an accredited educational equivalent is required.
• An advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 6 years of progressively relevant business strategy and planning, marketing and brand management, consulting, commercial operations experience required; pharmaceutical or CPG industries are preferred.
• Demonstrated strategy development, market & financial analysis experience is required.
• Proven expertise with project management, process mapping, development and optimization is preferred.
• Understanding of the external marketplace and familiarity in metabolic disease areas is preferred.
• Strategic thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with multiple levels of management and communicate effectively.
• Strong decision-making skills through demonstrated ability to leverage evidenced-based insights.
• Ability to manage competing priorities; strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage complexity, as well as streamline and simplify complex concepts for broader audience.
• Proven cross-functional collaboration skills.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59829BR
Job Category: Finance