The Senior Manager, Enterprise Regulatory Compliance Management, contributes to an initiative focused on the management of regulatory compliance risk across Scotiabank.
Supported by a digital solution, the program helps the Bank identify and document its regulatory obligations, assess the risks associated with those obligations, as well as document the controls that are in place to mitigate those risks (in line with regulator expectations such as the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) - Guideline E-13).
This position has a global, enterprise-wide scope, consistent with the Enterprise Regulatory Compliance Managament (eRCM) program’s mandate.
- Support the Director in engagements with Scotiabank's Business/Compliance Units and otherinternal/external eRCM Stakeholders to use industry best practices, capture Scotiabank-specific requirements, define enterprise standards and create common eRCM processes
- Assist in the development and implementation of eRCM system functionalities
- Support the Director in the management of multidisciplinary initiatives through planning, solution development and global implementation
- Support the implementation of the eRCM program in all jurisdictions in which Scotiabank operates
- Assist in the maintenance of the integrity and consistency of the standardized taxonomies, libraries and processes upon which the eRCM system relies for the effective collection, aggregation and reporting of compliance information
- Implement and maintain regulatory compliance libraries, support content acquisition, enrichment and reporting activities, to develop and enhance Regulatory Compliance Management practices and methodologies across countries and business lines (as required)
- Participate in the design, development, and potential delivery of the training programs that are required to teach new users about Scotiabank's eRCM standards, systems and processes and to update existing users in relation to new functionalities and enhancements (as required)
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- University degree – Business, Law, Accounting/Finance or a related field
- A minimum of six years’ progressive financial industry, professional services or legal experience in compliance, audit, risk, operations, shared services or a related field
- Basic understanding of the regulatory requirements applicable to Scotiabank
- Experience working on large, multi-disciplinary projects and developing/implementing new processes
- Knowledge of Scotiabank’s operational structure, products and services, policies and procedures, as well as a wide network of Scotiabank contacts and experience working with Business, Compliance and Control Function Executives
- Strategic, analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking capabilities
- Sufficient familiarity with technology to recognize opportunities to enhance processes or achieve operational efficiencies.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Spanish profiency is an asset
Requisition ID: 20608