With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Supply Chain department as a Senior Manager - Engineering, Supply Chain, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
This position is responsible for the development, delivery, facilitation, implementation and maintenance of all material handling initiatives, performance reporting in collaboration with the DC GMs, labor standards build and roll-out, staffing analysis and support to the various DC GMs, management of team in support of supply chain KPI’s and goals set by the VP of Supply Chain. The Senior Manager - Engineering, Supply Chain will support the DC leadership teams with the operational training tools, SOP development, and training program development for new business initiatives within the Supply Chain.
- Have direct oversight of all capital initiatives in support of 3YP and ownership of all system layouts, designs, and improvements planned at each DC.
- Work with the business leaders to define and justify strategic initiatives and proposals.
- Initiate continuous improvement/lean concept, identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change with the DC leadership teams.
- Work closely with the business champion, or act as the business champion, to execute and sustain strategic initiatives and business process transformations.
- Provide direction and support of the operational training requirements for the supply chain network.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine process, staff requirements and production standards at each DC in support of the DC GMs.
- Define and document complex business requirements, SOP’s, productivity standards and processes that are tested, validated, usable, trainable, fair to associates, compliant with company policies and understandable within our day-to-day operations.
- Collaborate with all levels of management to develop a thorough understanding of productivity results by discussing with leaders and the IE team on a regular basis.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports in support of our goals/KPI’s in each DC and across the network.
- Meet with direct reports and business leaders regularly to discuss current and future projects/workload and ensure it is prioritized to meet company overall objectives.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems related to systems, processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- 7-10 years in a Supply Chain or Operational experience
- Experience with compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing and verifying information or data
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience
- Six Sigma and/or Lean experiencepreferred
- Prior training and/or experience with project management
- CAD, Modeling and Labor Management Software experience
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects
- Ability to travel as necessary to support supply chain locations and projects
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs and priorities
- Possess a thorough understanding of the warehouse management system (WMS), as well as other systems that interact with the Supply Chain
- Ability to build trust through strong partnerships and active listening
- Ability to complete tasks independently or collaboratively, with the flexibility to handle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines provided by the Health and Safety Manager and the DC Human Resources department
- Ability to translate or explain what information means and how it can be used to drive results
- Exhibit a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job, company and external customers in all forms of communication
- Proficient in Google (Gmail, Drive, Calendar etc) and Microsoft Office with particular expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Good reading and written language skills (English)
Job ID 2018-2367