Job DescriptionWe are currently searching for a Senior Manager,Engineering to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, andengineeringsolutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
At Rockwell Collins, we share a common purpose to keep people safe, connected, and informed. Along this path, we are building a diverse global culture that values relationships, commitment, integrity, and innovation. This purpose and these values are fundamental to success of this position within the Advanced Technology Center (ATC).
The Advanced Radio Systems department within the ATC is seeking a self-motivated engineering manager to build a team of R&D engineers and scientists leading to the next frontiers of directional radio systems. The team is chartered with creating, demonstrating, and transitioning innovative technologies that improve the safety, efficiency, and capability of both commercial and military aviation systems.
As a leader within the ATC, the successful candidate will have responsibility for strategic planning – THINKING BIG, project execution, business development – TAKING ACTION, and acquisition/development of technical staff – HELPING OTHERS SUCCEED.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of demonstrated leadership, domain-relevant innovation, excellent oral and written communication skills, teamwork and critical thinking skills, and experience capturing science and technology funding.
The group will conduct research and development of directional radio systems for radar, satellite communications, communications data links, and non-traditional applications of such systems. Customers and collaborators include other groups within Engineering & Information Technology, the Rockwell Collins business units as well as government research organizations. It is expected that the ideal candidate will establish and develop relationships with these organizations.
* Experience working in a fast-paced R&D environment
* Technical depth in radio systems with a strong preference for directional systems
* Experience developing radio systems
* Must be a self-starter and have strong analytical skills
* Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, while balancing priorities and schedules
* Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others across geographic and organizational boundaries
* Experience capturing and executing external S&T contracts
* Willingness and ability to obtain a security clearance
*Bachelor’sdegree in a Science,Technology,Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; identified skills andexperience.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance
● Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
● Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
● Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
● An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
● Tuition reimbursement
● And more