Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
- Manage team and participate in the design and development of mechanical engineering projects within R&D particularly related to assembly processes and design for assembly.
- Build and structure the mechanical engineering team for proper span of control and employee development within.
- Groom leading senior level engineers into potential management or functional group lead positions.
- Assess resource requirements and adjust/plan with upper management to meet the needs of the corporate goals and product development roadmap.
- Plan and budget for the needs of personnel, labs, equipment, outside services, and consultants.
- Interact with manufacturing and provide support for commercialization and sustaining activity.
- Responsible for ensuring that department understands and complies with quality standards and requirements as documented.
- This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years’ related experience.
- BSc/MSc or equivalent degree from a four year college or university in related field (Biomedical, Mechanical, Process, Manufacturing, or equivalent).
- Proven ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with engineering software tools for CAD (SolidWorks preferred), engineering analysis, and statistical analysis (JMP preferred).
- An in depth understanding of Design for Manufacturing & Assembly methods as well as process capabilities and statistical control and monitoring of processes (SPC).
- Verse with Experimental Design (DOE) and debug methods (LeanSix SigmaBlack BeltPreferred).
- Experience in control systems (PLC, Ladder Logic) highly valued.
- Previous direct involvement in medical device industry.
- Ability to manage projects, teams, maintain timelines, transfer technology and execute projects in an R&D environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity/uncertainty and a willingness to try new/challenging things.
- Keen attention to detail and uncompromising dedication to quality work.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and management skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.