The Sr. Employment Standards Manager functions as a subject matter expert on complex employee relations, employment law and policy. The position serves as a consultant to our internal HR partners and works closely with our compliance and legal departments. Additionally, this role is responsible for the design and delivery of large-scale workforce policies and programs in support of our core values and HR strategy.
- Consults with and provides counsel to HR Business Partners involving complex employee relations issues that may involve staff reorganizations, claims of unlawful termination, harassment, discrimination, unfair management practices, retaliation, FMLA/ADA leave issues, etc.
- Provide advice and strategy on employment related workplace issues that may involve policy violations, legal implications, behavior, performance, restructurings, FINRA implications, leave concerns, background checks etc.
- Serve as objective third party in reviewing/approving terminations and disciplinary actions
- Ensure fair and consistent employment practices are in place
- Conduct or oversee internal investigations that involve sensitive issues or potential risk/exposure
- Work with cross functional HR partners as well as business partners, i.e. security, forensics team, risk, finance, compliance, audit and legal as needed
- Design, deliver and execute large-scale projects or initiatives that involve reductions, integrations, new policy/programs, HR tools and training to promote positive management practices, etc.
- Conduct research and benchmarking related to projects, initiatives, and process improvements to drive positive associate relations and management practices
- Manage 3rd party claims including responses to attorney letters, government agencies (EEOC, DOL, State and/or Federal complaints) and by working withinternal and external counsel
- Bachelor’s Degree required and SPHRpreferred
- 10+ years progressive HRexperience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Well versed in employment law and significant technical knowledge in Employee Relations with the ability to resolve a variety of complex issues
- High influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced relationship management skills
- Solutions driven and customer service oriented
- Acquisition Experience preferred
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed