Reporting to the Director of Email & Mobile Marketing (Relationship Marketing), this role will help manage all Email & Mobile Marketing functions for Vail Resorts, including email, SMS, and push Marketing functions and teams. This role will have a strong emphasis on CRM strategy and execution, team leadership, and deep partnership with our marketing teams including lines of business, brand, and go-to-market teams. Working closely with the Director, this role will help lead the organization through a transformational shift in Marketing Automation and Guest Centric Marketing.
- Work as the expert within Vail Resorts to implement relationship marketing campaigns, with a focus on marketing automation and guest experience especially as it relates to email.
- Develop and implement campaign strategies that drive KPIs including: conversions, engagement, trust and retention.
- Lead a team of senior specialist(s)/manager(s), including direct reports, responsible for campaign delivery and execution.
- Collaborate with GTM teams including Audience Management, Technical Operations, and Analytics to ensure executional excellence.
- Sit on a cross-functional business team(s) to serve as a channel expert as well as an advocate for our guests through the lens of guest centricity.
- Use in-depth marketing industry knowledge and gain a deep understanding of internal business goals to develop impactful contact strategy, email content, segmentation schemes, and cross-channel strategy while maintaining industry best practices including browser/client/mobile compatibility, personalization of subject lines, use of images, gif, video, and more.
- Own business results end-to-end through relationship marketing channels, leading improvements in reporting, KPI development, and showing year-over-year improvement in revenue, retention and guest engagement.
- Possess a strong sense of self-awareness and convey and exemplify the Vail Resorts standard of leadership. Strong focus on leadership development of self and team. Be consistently focused on unlocking the potential of their employees.
- Bachelor's degree, military service or commensurate experience
- 8+ years experience in email marketing, CRM, marketing strategy or related field
- Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Analytics, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Marketing Automation Software, Moveable Ink and related softwares
- Expert understanding of B2C email marketing strategy and tactics required; preferably in hospitality, travel, or ski company
- Track record of developing data-driven campaigns resulting in solid business results is necessary
- Experience building performance and data driven guest contact strategies
- Experience with email marketing tools required as well as understanding of related regulations like CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR, etc.
- Experience leading teams that build and execute email, push and SMS campaigns
- Deep understanding of marketing databases and campaign management tools
- Ability to articulate and champion email marketing best practices
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience managing direct reports with a focus on leadership and career development
- Management of cross-functional relationships, especially with IT and lines of business
- Experience with matrixed organizations
- Managed external vendor relationships
- Experience with email service platforms and customer data platforms
- Experience forecasting and managing a budget
- Ability to both develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to read and interpret financial and analytical reports