Discovery Sciences (DS) is a global organization that enables small molecule discovery for Janssen R&D, including functions such as medicinal chemistry, assay development, high throughput screening, compound profiling and computational sciences. The Data Operations team in Core Business Services safeguards the Discovery Sciences end-to-end data flows in order to enable timely decision-making and improve the value of the data. The team is doing this by guiding the scientists through the data applications and the data processes and by partnering with R&D-IT to optimize the data landscape, using a global, cross-functional mindset. The team is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Drug Discovery Data Management, located in Spring House.
• Actively engage and participate in the global Data Operations team to support DS scientists in data management related aspects of their daily work
• Become the Data Operations liaison for one or more global DS functions
• Identify gaps and implement solutions in the DS processes and data flows to reduce cycle times, deliver high quality data and enable timely decision-making
• Develop a strategy to deliver upon business data needs in line with DPDS (Discovery, Product Development and Supply) data strategy and priorities; actively participate in one or more DPDS data strategy workstreams
• Enable efficient, globally aligned data systems and processes to cultivate collaboration across the teams and functions
• Enable data handling in line with good data management and data integrity practices, provide/organize training for data management and reporting tools, promote the implementation of global J&J practices
• Become the business owner of one or more data applications, build an active, global user community, identify gaps and opportunity for improvements, lead the change
• Improve collaboration and data sharing with internal and external partners
• Champion data FAIRification across DS
• Build a strong partnership with R&D IT, represent DS in cross-functional IT projects, link between the scientists and IT professionals, bring business process insights and represent DS organization in strategic R&D IT projects
• Build a strong network with DS decision makers and with DS scientists to understand the business needs and expectations
• Design and provide tools, dashboards and visualizations to enable quality control and compliance, and to facilitate insights for decision making
• Drive innovation and change, share and bring best practices
• A minimum of a Master's degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline. PhD degree is preferred. A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant industry experience in drug discovery is required.
• Experience in working at the interface between systems and business is preferred.
• Strong background in one or more of Discovery Sciences core activities (Medicinal Chemistry, Lead Discovery, Computational Sciences, DMPK) is preferred.
• Working knowledge of data integration and warehousing is preferred.
• Familiarity with large datasets, understanding of data processing and analysis workflows, and/or knowledge of querying languages such as SQL is preferred.
• Proficient with one or more programming languages such as Python, R, C++, or Java is preferred.
• Experience with visualization software/tools such as R, Spotfire, Tableau, etc. is preferred.
• Understanding of master data management principles and processes is preferred.
• Experience in data handling in external collaborations is preferred.
• Must have strong personal leadership with demonstrated competency working with all levels of the organization including senior leaders
• Big picture oriented with attention to details is required.
• Experience working in a global environment in cross-functional teams is preferred.
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% international and domestic travel.