The person in this role will work with the Network, Security and Operations teams and collaborate closely with the Architecture teams to deliver network projects and capabilities. This position partners closely with the managed service providers to support the enterprise and ensure SLA’s are met. The senior manager will be reporting to the Director, Infrastructure Platform Engineering and Cloud Operations and will be part of the Infrastructure Platform Services team.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical and business input for IT infrastructure projects related to voice and security networking, and related technologies.
- Act as a trusted advisor with businesses, internal teams, supplier partners, end-users, and solution providers to ensure processes and tools are in place and/or are followed to support the environment and meet business needs
- Understand business processes, and assess business needs to assist with the development and deployment of network services
- Ensure compliance and support for regulation-controlled systems
- Ensure service improvements are defined via metrics, root cause analysis, problem management
- Assist in the governance and partnership with our external suppliers
- Partner with managed service suppliers to deliver services end to end under established SLAs
- Review and approve major change management requests
Who You Are
You have experience supporting large complex networks with multiple locations. Passionate about driving for operational excellence and mentoring your team members. You like using you in depth knowledge of various network technology and vendors such as Cisco, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Extreme to solve business problems.
The Skills You Bring
- 10+ years of experience in management of large-scale networks in a distributed environment.
- Strong understanding of network technologies in a design context, including: LAN (traditional STP plus fabric), ACI, SD-WAN, BGP/OSPF, Tunneling (GRE, IPSec), wireless, cloud networking (public and private), QoS/shaping, GSLB, Netflow/IPFIX, firewalls/WAF, IDS/IPS, NFV
- Experience with network management protocols and systems
- Experience with Cisco networking technologies
- Experience with wireless technologies
- Experience with TCP/IP and common network protocols
- Experience with routing, switching, and IP subnetting
- Experience working in an E-commerce setting preferred.