The Senior Manager will be responsible for the strategic planning of the enterprise network architecture, managing, mentoring a team of network and voice engineers in the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of a large-scale enterprise infrastructure. Responsibilities will also include supporting multiple parallel project efforts to integrate new applications and services with the network and voice infrastructure, integrate new technologies, scale as necessary and manage the lifecycle of hardware and software.
- Strategic planning of the network and voice architecture in collaboration with the overarching enterprise tech vision
- Actively collaborate and solve problems across multiple technology teams, creating solutions that are co-developed, coordinated for seamless delivery, and have an enterprise mindset
- Provide leadership on projects and maintenance tasks assigned to the team
- Develop, mentor and conduct performance reviews for a team of network and voice engineers
- Work closely with peers to meet team goals and drive continuous process improvement
- Implement the use of best practices for installation, support and maintenance of hardware and software infrastructure, including routers, aggregators, switches and firewalls, Voice over IP, IVR and soft phone services
- Perform network security design and integration
- Point of escalation for resolving issues, often under time constraints
- Provide network and host-based security, incident response, firewall and VPN management and administration
- Manage the implementation of necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction
- Lead and/or assist in the development of guidelines and procedures for administration and security best practices
- Drive documentation efforts and drive adoption of enterprise standards
- Monitor usage, anticipate problems and recommend/implement solutions
- Research and learn new, emerging technologies; proactively seek (autonomously and collaboratively) to find solutions to enable business needs; drive the identification of process inefficiencies, provide informed recommendations and drive the implementation of related solutions
This position will require:
- B.A. or B.S. in a technical field or a relevant combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of management experience of a network and/or voice team
- 8+ years of expertise in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure including: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers, VOIP, IVR and monitoring applications.
- Ability to work collaboratively to design, build, and test networks for optimum throughput and reliability
- Serve as an escalation point for issues outside the scope of the Engineers
- Have knowledge of:
o Configuration, installation, troubleshooting, and support of network and voice equipment
o Firewall group policy, rules, objects, zones, and virtualization
o Routing, switching, and WAN technologies
o Network design concepts and HLD/LLD documentation
o Network protocols, filtering, and segmentation
o DHCP and DNS
o TLS and IPSEC VPN Technologies
o Access control and remote access technologies.
o Network software upgrade processes
o Wireless design concepts, configuration, management, and design documentation
o Colocation network services and cloud network integration.
o Regulatory compliance and data sensitivity (PCI, PII, CPNI, legal holds, etc.)
o Network monitoring tools
o Cisco Unified Communications
o Voice over IP
o Soft Phone
o Emerging cloud technologies for Voice and Network infrastructures
· Knowledge of software defined networking and network function virtualization
- Have prior experience working in an enterprise level environment:
o Over 2000 network endpoints
o Multiple datacenter environments
o Over 300 distinct network locations
o VOIP Environments
o Soft Phone solutions
o Voice in the cloud solutions
- Have troubleshooting/support experience with:
▪ Wired and wireless LAN/WAN and relative network protocols
▪ IP Subnetting
▪ Wired and wireless network protocols
· Possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills: Be able to understand and communicate complex topics with simplicity across organizational boundaries and up/down the management chain
· Champion the team’s commitment to providing internal and external customers with excellent customer service. Provide clarity on customer and business needs
· Be self-disciplined; demonstrate accountability, unquestionable ethics and impeccable integrity; honor commitments and exceed expectations
· Drive collaboration across enterprise teams; establish a rapport with Business Leaders and become a trusted partner
· Demonstrate a commitment to be a part of a team; participate in and foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment; work efficiently in partnership with a team of professionals to accomplish identified goals
- Competitive benefits (401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%, medical and dental and vision plans, paid time off days and holidays.
- Quarterly bonus program.
- Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- Recognized as one of East Tennessee’s top technology workplaces.
- Wellness programs that focus on emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual, environmental, physical and financial well-being.
- Onsite fitness facility with full gym, workout classes, volleyball and basketball, ping-pong and disc golf course.