Our client is a major apparel company that develops, sources and markets a diverse line of men’s & women’s apparel under its highly recognized signature brand.
The Senior Manager of Domestic Manufacturing will lead and manage domestic sewing and cutting facilities by identifying, developing, executing, and maintaining an appropriate manufacturing strategy to support the company’s strategic direction and optimize profitability.
- Manage domestic sewing and cutting facility operations, including operating plants efficiently and in a cost effective manner to meet planned production, meet quality standards, both Outgoing Quality Level and Irregulars, and ensure inventory levels are properly maintained.
- Work directly with Cutting and MU Manager and plants to oversee Piece Goods Variance (PGV) for all cutting plants to include: domestic, off-shore and contractors. Travel on as needed basis to company owned plants and contractors to find savings and resolve PGV issues.
- Direct the activities of domestic sewing and cutting facilities including proactively addressing turnover and developing plans to ensure budgeted KPIs are met.
- Collaborate and Communicate cross-functionally with department leaders of Engineering, Quality, Training, Logistics, Distribution, HR, IT, Purchasing & Finance to ensure all manufacturing KPI are being accomplished and clear expectations are set.
- Plan and manage the budget process for domestic sewing and cutting facilities.
- Recommend improvements of efficiencies and costs in assigned facilities to meet budgeted KPI goals.
- Develop leadership skills of subordinates by determining developmental needs and opportunities.
- Set performance guidelines and goals for managers and key personnel through effective performance appraisals. Provide mentoring and direction as required.
- Advise the Vice President of Manufacturing on all aspects of operations, including any issues that may affect the success of the assigned facilities or responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Business or a related field - or equivalent years of related experience is required.
- 10 years of management experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Apparel manufacturing experience is highly preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing experience is required.
- Intermediate computer skills are required.
- Experience developing and managing a budget is required, preferably for multiple facilities.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to handle extensive travel.
This is a critical position for this highly regarded brand. The company offers a competitive base salary, bonus, excellent benefits and a supportive work culture. Relocation assistance is available if required.