Webscale is seeking a strategic and creative marketer to join the Webscale team as a Senior Manager/Director of Product Marketing. In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing our sales force with the information it requires to advance product sales, being a champion for new product innovations, as well as working and in hand with the content marketing function to create programs and supporting collateral that inspire our target audience, and increase sales revenues.
- Be a conduit between office of CTO / Engineering and the sales and marketing teams, decoding our technology into concise and compelling market-ready collateral
- Work with content and digital teams to develop outbound marketing strategies to accelerate the adoption of Webscale products and services among target audiences
- Lead go-to-market strategies, including key messaging development and tactical channel plans, ensuring that all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing each channel
- Partner with Product Management to develop product strategies and roadmaps
- Own products through customer lifecycle, from driving awareness and acquisition, to upsells and ongoing retention
- Review competitive offerings, contribute to the product definition process and its ongoing differentiation
- Must have deep, technical expertise in B2B SaaS, cloud infrastructure, ecommerce and/or hosting
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years professional experience
- 5+ years working in product marketing
- Experience working with product teams to define product strategy
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a face-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment and a great attitude.
- Talented writer with an ability to take complex topics and convert them into strong customer-facing messaging
- Strong collaborative, organizational and analytical skills.
- Takes ownership of problems, seeks out help when needed, and knows how to prioritize work.
- Inventive and thrives in a dynamic, very fast paced environment.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Relentless Improvement: We are growing our team and building our company. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic seekers of new ideas for improvement and will be excited to stay current in the practices of other top startups. We want you to bring your thoughts, constantly hatch new ideas and share recommendations often. We have a high bar and will always look to raise it.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about technology and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Ability to work out of our Santa Clara, CA office
- Ability to enthusiastically evangelize the Webscale product story to prospects and customers
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organization skills with an extreme eye for the details
- Demonstrated strategic thinking as well as being an independent worker who takes initiative