Senior Manager/Director of Digital Marketing Capabilities - Consumer Marketing + Revenue
The Senior Manager/Director of DigitalMarketing Capabilities is part of the Consumer Marketing + Revenue (CM+R) organization which is a central organization to Time Inc. charged with driving consumer revenue through marketing and business development. This organization is central to driving the transformation of Time Inc. from a magazine publisher to a media power house leveraging its well-known brands such as PEOPLE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, TIME and INSTYLE.
The Senior Manager/Director of DigitalMarketing Capabilities will be responsible for defining and developing new digital capabilities that support and drive marketing goals. In this role, you will be charged with building up the capabilities function within CM+R which includes researching and analyzing e-commerce and marketing technologies, defining business requirements and acting as the liaison between Marketing and Technology.
We are looking for a team player, with a consulting mindset, who will have experience with a multichannel marketing strategy and the modern marketing stack required to support it. You have experience working closely with marketers to understand their needs/problems/goals and know how to identify complex marketing technology solutions.
- Support the development and own the roadmap for marketing capabilities that support our digital marketing programs.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer journeys, identify and fill capability gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive revenue growth
- Support the development and own the roadmap for our e-commerce platform.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and define functional requirements for all digital marketing capabilities.
- Perform detailed competitive analysis and stay on top of changes within the marketing technology industry.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on marketing tools that can enhance digital marketing efforts.
- Serve as the business owner for all project implementations working closely with our technology and operations partners.
- Manage on-going relationship with our martech partners.
- BA/BS degree
- 6 years of experience with software implementations from sourcing to requirements development to implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A broad understanding of modern marketing technologies and how the various tools work together.
- Hands on experience working with data integrations, reporting and analytic tools, marketing tool stack, CRM platforms, and e-commerce platforms.
- Ability to communicate complex marketing technology concepts to marketers.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- A strong personal interest in staying on top of the newest technologies in the martech space.
- Outgoing with a natural ability to build relationships.
- Experience managing a team while at the same time being able to roll up your sleeves and execute.