We are seeking a Senior Manager / Director of Business Operations to lead all aspects of the global operations of Non-Volatile Engineering. This includes driving the Micron values throughout the team and leading broad multi-functional programs, Micron initiatives and budgeting / headcount oversight and management. Assess organizational efficiency standards to find opportunities for process improvements and promote standard methodology adoption across the NVEG team, aligned to Technology and Product Group BKMs. You will counsel department executives and Sr. Staff by providing direction and support on department-wide activities, initiatives, and issues. In this role you must demonstrate innovation and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and business insight with a passion for driving Micron’s values.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work directly with the SVP of Non-Volatile Engineering (NVEG) and rest of the Sr. staff to ensure all aspects of the business including budget planning, headcount, critical communication, and priorities are aligned to Micron’s goals.
- Develop and Coordinate critical communication plans and key meetings (Weekly Staff, periodic All Hands Meetings, Site visits (domestic and international), Offsite Strategy Summits, etc.)
- Agenda, attendees and content management
- Ensure leaders are prepared for meetings
- Attend meetings, capture major take-aways, and ensure staff follows through on objectives and actions
- Accountable for overall Expense budgets in alignment with key roadmap needs, programs, and initiatives. Work with finance on the reporting and analysis of the budgets, monthly and quarterly. Look for anomalies and opportunities in the actual performance versus plan and implement appropriate actions. Work with finance and cost center managers on the quarterly budget process, including the capital budget. Be the main contact for any questions regarding the overall NVEG budget.
- Work with HR and Finance on tracking headcount and hiring plans to ensure execution to approved plan
- Capture, manage and drive transparency to organizational level metrics
- Participate in overall strategy discussions and facilitate business execution as needed.
- Improve Organizational Efficiency by examining existing processes, evaluating them within the context of organizational goals and proposing changes or improvements to help achieve goals.
- Facilitate connection of Sr. leaders across the organization to create consistency of approach, support and interaction across the business
- Work collaboratively with other organizational Operations managers
- Partner with HR on Department-level communications
- Must be able to communicate sophisticated date effectively to the executive team
- Provide direct support to SVP on a variety of initiatives and lead / manage various projects as identified by the SVP
- Must be proactive and able to anticipate tasks in order to self-initiate activities to get things done in a timely manner in a very fast paced environment
Successful Attributes and Behaviors:
- Keen attention to details
- Excellent organization skills
- Results and goal oriented
- Great interpersonal skills and a track record as a strong collaborator
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Comfortable leading without authority
- Passionate about bringing innovative ideas and process simplifications to an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Qualifications and Skills include, but not limited to:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 10+ years of semi-conductor experience
- Technical background in product R&D is a plus.
- Proven background in driving strategy to execution through programs, leadership, and innovation.
- A record of performance excellence for current area of responsibility
- Recognized as having demonstrated successful leadership characteristics both in present
- Strategic business planning and execution experience.
- Comfortable collaborating with senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems across multi-functional groups, both inside and outside the department.
- Experience successfully leading multi-functional teams and task forces to a common deliverable on a global basis.