TomTom delivers highly accurate maps of the world. For this we rely on intelligent mapmaking; TomTom invented and perfected a highly efficient hybrid approach that combines professional mapmaking methods with crowdsourced input from map users, resulting in a map that is highly accurate and current. This is proven time and again as TomTom maps are chosen to power industry leading brands like Apple, Uber and Volvo cars.
Product Unit Autonomous Driving is part of the maps unit and responsible for the ADA and HD map service and related software products for autonomous vehicles at all levels of driving automation. We develop our products in close cooperation with sensor vendors, chip makers, vehicle manufacturers and other companies active in autonomous driving. We also the develop back-end sensor data intake and processing algorithms needed for our map operations.
You will be responsible to develop partnerships with key industry players, in line with our product strategy:
- Partners: Identify new strategic cooperation opportunities with current and new strategic partners for your region and transform them into strong alliances. We are developing close partnerships with leading sensor vendors, tier1s, platform vendors and other map makers.
- Customers: Support regional automotive sales team to sell our products based on a solid understanding of our products and their value propositions. This ranges from product and portfolio presentations in a pre-sales context to handling product related questions throughout the sales cycle.
- Promotion: Promote TomTom autonomous driving (all automation levels) product portfolio at events and through public presentations
- Establish and nurture senior management and executive relationships
- Work closely with autonomous driving product management team to influence product plans based on partnering options
- Participate in the definition of our strategic cooperation framework
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Senior Manager/Director of Business Development, Autonomous Driving, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Understanding of business to business software, data and/or service markets. Previous experience with the automotive supplier market is a plus
- Good understanding of software and/or map technologies
- Completed Master level degreepreferred. An engineeringdegree is a plus.
- More than years 5 years of relevant experience in a technology company, preferably with a few years in a product management, product marketing or business development role
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
What do we offer?
- An opportunity to work at a leading company in one of today’s most exciting and challenging technology innovation areas
- Be part of an enthusiastic, world class and international team
- A fast moving work environment with a lot of exposure to otherleading players in autonomous driving
- A competitive compensation package to include a generous base salary, a bonus scheme, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401(k)