Description: Provides oversight and/or leads major projects that inform the growth and market strategies essential to KP's revenue, membership and margin goals. Strategic Market Planning Managers provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership skills that enable project teams to: 1) isolate business issues; 2) design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc); 3) bring technical/content expertise (competitive intelligence, utilization, financial analysis, market research, deep data analysis&programming); 4) vet findings and make formal recommendations to senior levels of KP leadership; 5) review/approve strategic recommendations. Incumbents would manage teams whose work includes membership forecasts&goals, strategies to achieve membership, revenue&margin goals, market research findings, competitive intelligence insights. Selects, develops, evaluates, coaches, and advises personnel.
Competency in SAS, SQL, Hadoop essential to be successful in this role.
- Works with director to develop scope of work for team, sequencing, defining value proposition, setting strategic and business direction, context & priorities for the team.
- Provides oversight, coaching&management to more senior individual contributors (e.g. Analysts, Data Consultants, Senior Market Strategy Consultants I, Senior Market Strategy Consultants II, and Senior Data Consultants).
- Educate and communicate goals, strategy, and methodologies clearly and persuasively.
- Build relationships with internal and external partners.
- Minimum eight (8) years of content/functional experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of management experience, OR;
- Master's degree and a minimum four (4) years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, mathematics, statistics, OR four (4) years of experience in related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems.
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories.
- Viewed as functional expert in field within KP.
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum eight (8) years of content/functional experiencepreferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experiencepreferred.
- Master's degreepreferred.
Primary Location: California,Burbank,MarketingSales Service and Admin 3100 Thornton
Job Number: 632824