Charles Schwab’s Digital Services division is responsible for leading digital disruption on behalf of investors and advisors. We want every interaction to be simple and easy. We collaborate with user experience and design, business and technology partners across the enterprise to build software experiences our users are passionate about. We are on a journey to build the future of financial services and transform the way we work to get there – further integrating Design Thinking techniques with Agile development practices. Our mission is to drive a significant step-change in our time to market and build more integrated client-centric experiences via cross-functional coordination and ownership.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Digital Strategy & Transformation to shape the strategic direction of the division and its innovation efforts, as well as be driving force of cultural change and the adoption of new innovation practices. The Digital Strategy & Transformation team manages core strategic functions for Digital Services, including investment planning and product line strategy, alongside rotating, narrowly-focused strategic projects. The team works closely with the Digital Services executive team to align priorities and shape the direction of the division. The team also collaborates closely with other strategy teams among the Innovation Accelerator, Investor Services, Advisor Services, and STS, as well as Finance.
Are you interested in the intersection of technology and financial services and creating a great client experience? Do you enjoy finding new ways to collaborate more effectively and efficiently, using the principles of design thinking and human-centered design? Do you have experience creating a product or project vision and seeing its creation through? Do you enjoy painting the big picture and drawing in the details? We would love to talk to you about this role!
The team is responsible for:
- Strategy – Create a Digital Services roadmap that includes digital product line strategy, innovation efforts and a cohesive vision of our future; evaluating key opportunities and innovation gaps based on broader trends, competitive analysis, and Schwab business priorities
- Partnership – Work closely with the SVP of Digital Strategy & Transformation and Schwab senior leadership to shape priorities and vision for the Digital Services division. Build relationships across product teams within the organization to stay on the pulse of innovation projects and activate our strategic vision. Collaborate closely with other strategy functions and Finance
- Client Focus – Develop a deep understanding of the target market and embody Schwab’s Through Clients’ Eyes strategy in all projects using client insights, analytics and competitive information
- Delivery – Lead strategic projects end to end including delivery of strategic recommendations with Digital Services leadership, journey mapping leadership on key topics, and employee sessions to drive and institute new ways of working
What you’ll do:
- Build Digital Services strategy roadmaps to articulate and drive the priorities of the group
- Manage and prioritize a pipeline of strategy and innovation projects across the Digital Services organization
- Lead key strategic projects with Digital Services leadership team that are part of the overall roadmap, such as client engagement strategies, demand migration planning, and customer experience innovation
- Support employee development and engagement to support the overall Schwab digital transformation
- Support the 2019 investment prioritization process, analyzing project funding requests and making recommendations to the leadership team to optimize our impact with our division budget
- Develop compelling presentations to share the divisions’ strategic priorities with varied audiences, from executives in partner organizations to division employees
- Perform in-depth research for rotating strategy projects, e.g. competitive analysis, industry best practices
- Develop analyses for rotating strategy projects, e.g. projections, sizing
What you have:
- 4-6 years’ experience across digital product development, product management, and strategy work – consulting or in-house
- A passion and proven track record for digital innovation and belief that financial services can be a force for good in people’s lives
- A client-centric focus – keeps clients in forefront of decisions, connects plans and actions to our purpose of serving clients
- Curiosity and a love of exploring market research, industry trends, innovation trends for product development, technology, finance, etc.
- Skill at operating at both strategic and tactical levels, including proven experience managing products or services, developing a strategic vision, and executing it with a cross-functional team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to succinctly synthesize data, develop recommendations, create presentations, and break down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for diverse set of audiences, at all levels
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills; adept in Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and ability to track multiple priorities (varying in scope and complexity) at the same time
- Demonstrable leadership skills in a team setting, with the ability to influence and build consensus with partners at all levels.
- Superb planning, time management and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines with little supervision
- Financial Services industry experiencepreferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.