JOB TITLE: Senior Manager, Digital Marketing - U.S.
DEPARTMENT: Marketing, U.S.
Reporting to the VP-Marketing, North America, this newly-created role will develop and execute holistic digital communications and demand generation initiatives for the CooperVision U.S. (CVIUS) portfolio of national and customer branded products and services in the U.S., as well as select brand-agnostic programs.
Targeted primarily to Eyecare Practitioners (ECPs) and their vision-correcting patients, these initiatives will be developed both as a sole contributor and in partnership with internal stakeholders as well as by the management of external agencies/resources, where required. The scope of execution will include marketing automation, web, online advertising, SEM/SEO, email, social media and other digital activities that support execution of the US marketing & commercial strategies across all relevant customer and end user channels. The role entails a high level of partnering with Brand, Customer Marketing, Professional and Academic Affairs, IT and other commercial stakeholders, both regional and global, to ensure aligned and comprehensive programs that contribute to CVI’s targeted commercial outcomes, within defined resources.
An additional responsibility of the role, as subject matter expert, will be to increase digital marketing understanding and competencies across the marketing organization, primarily with the marcom roles but more broadly across the entire group. One element of this will be development and deployment of appropriate analytics and metrics, to quantify return on investment.
- Defines roadmap for digital communications and demand generation activities, tools and processes
- Works with brand and customer teams, to map ECP and patient buying journeys, and defines buying stage-specific digital strategies and tactics as part of an omni-channel approach that delivers against business goals.
- Works with Sales, Sales Ops and IT to define the digital customer journey, including engagement and conversion.
- Collaborates with the marketing communications roles to align online and offline strategies, workflows, processes and policies that ensure a cohesive and aligned communications platform.
- Works with the Marketing and IT teams to determine digital resources/tools and process requirements.
- Collaborates with Marketing, Sales, and Sales Ops to define strategies to improve activation and adoption of CVI products to our target audiences of Eyecare Practitioners.
- Develops digital strategy encompassing paid, earned, shared and owned (PESO) media elements.
- Executes digital communications and demand generation activities
- Content Marketing:
- Inputs the content marketing strategy of the Professional and Academic Affairs and Marketing teams to deliver an effective plan that supports delivery of commercial objectives.
- Partners with the Professional and Academic Affairs and Marketing teams to execute content initiatives that drive traffic, engagement, conversion and leads, which support sales and customer retention.
- Supports the creation of CVIUS branded content that is relevant to our specific audiences, including, but not limited to: articles, web content, email (including HTML programming), social, video, display/banner ads (including HTML programming), and infographics; then optimizes the delivery path to promote engagement and conversion.
- Executes initiatives to drive improved SEO results, inclusive of content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Develops editorial governance to ensure content is consistent with the CVI brand.
- Manages ongoing development of digital content hubs in support of CVIUS Eyecare Practitioner (ECP) and Consumer content strategies.
- Marketing Automation:
- Defines the strategy to leverage the CVIUS marketing automation platform in cooperation with Marketing, Sales, Sales Ops and IT, to support the customer journey, drive engagement and conversion.
- Executes marketing email campaigns in partnership with the Brand, Customer & Professional & Academic Affairs teams, in support of overall initiatives and goals.
- Collaborates with Marketing and IT groups to enhance the quality of CVIUS’ email database and data hygiene.
- Works with Marketing, Sales, Sales Ops, IT and external partners to adopt and implement of lead scoring, personalization and predictive modelling in support of improved demand generation.
- Social Media Marketing:
- Develops, aligns, and executes ECP-facing social media presence, both proactive and reactive, with Professional & Academic Affairs and other key CVI and agency stakeholders.
- Partners with global marcom to develop and align patient/consumer-facing social media presence and tactics.
- Develops and refines Social Media strategies, workflows, processes and policies.
- Monitors social media presence on an ongoing basis.
- Web Marketing:
- Develops strategies to drive online traffic to the CVIUS website.
- Develops and executes a paid digital media strategy, inclusive of PPC, display, and third party online advertising.
- Collaborates with the Brand, Customer and Professional Affairs teams to publish content in support of overall brand and brand-agnostic initiatives and goals, and overall content strategy objectives.
- Consistently updates, improves and optimizes the usability, design, and content of both the Practitioner (ECP) and Consumer websites, in support of increased engagement and conversion.
- Develops and drives digital analytics measurement and reporting to allow better quantification of initiative performance
- Establishes measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in collaboration with the Brand, Customer, and Professional and Academic Affairs teams; develops strategies for measurement and reporting of these KPIs.
- Analyzes engagement and conversion metrics for all digital mediums, including but not limited to: CVI websites, articles, social media, email marketing, video, PPC, SEO, and display.
- Implement testing strategies to improve the demand creation process, including Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), including A/B and multivariate testing, in support of engagement and conversion goals.
- Collaborates with the Brand, Customer, and Professional and Academic Affairs teams to establish overall attribution; develops long-term roadmap toward multi-touch attribution modelling.
- Monitors social media activities and develop recommendations based on analysis.
- Mines and analyzes data to determine the customer (ECP) journey; recommends ongoing input into the marketing strategies to improve effectiveness.
- Creates a Digital Marketing Dashboard to visualize performance against KPIs; regularly reports on key findings.
- Develops and delivers presentations on the program approaches and results, as required.
- Champions immediate asset alignment and development for digital marcom and demand generation initiatives
- Creates, socializes, aligns and translates CVIUS digital strategy into plans that drive effective outcomes, leveraging inputs from stakeholders in US Marketing, CVI leadership, and global marketing.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with regional counterparts and ensures regular sharing of digital marketing communications best practices from other regions.
- Reviews new technologies and keeps the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Coordinates with peers and Finance partner on planning and budgetary oversight of U.S. digital marketing initiatives.
- Promotes knowledge-sharing and enables and enhancement of the broader marketing team’s digital marketing IQ
- Ensures both high levels of collaboration with marketing teammates, specifically marcom roles, and proactive knowledge sharing to drive greater understanding and familiarity with current digital communications best practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated proficiency in successfully, and simultaneously, managing the execution of multiple digital communications projects to required delivery timing, budget and performance standards.
- Strong knowledge of organizational dynamics; proven history of managing within complex business environments.
- Prior experience in content marketing, web marketing, marketing automation, social media marketing and digital analytics.
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation platforms such as SFDC & Eloqua/Marketo.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with senior commercial management.
- Advanced PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently under limited supervision and in a dispersed organization.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Office-based, with some travel to other CVI locations, customer sites and industry events.
- Sedentary to light physical effort necessary to perform the job.
- There will be extended periods of sitting and using a computer.
- Travel, predominantly domestic for industry and customer events, approximately 10-15%
- Bachelor’s degree required; 5+ years of experience in digital marketing role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in B2B2C marketing communications, particularly in healthcare, desirable.
- Prior experience working with regulatory, legal, compliance and research & development teams would be a plus.