Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the 21st century. We build open source technology and organize a network of people dedicated to making government services simple, effective, and easy to use.
Our employees build and transform government services, making them so good they inspire change. We merge the best parts of technology, non-profit, and government to help support the people who need it most. With a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and deep empathy for both government and the people government serves, we’re building a movement of motivated change agents driven by meaningful results and lasting impact. At Code for America, you contribute to exciting work while learning and developing in a supportive and flexible environment. Our compensation and benefits are holistic and thoughtfully curated to represent our employees and our mission. Help us drive real generational change that lasts.
Code for America is hiring a Senior Manager, Digital Marketing, reporting to our Director of Marketing, who is responsible for overseeing the marketing function at Code for America.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has managed digital marketing in the past and is looking to take more ownership and drive decision-making by collaborating closely with both marketing and program teams to drive engagement and growth across Code for America’s owned platforms. You will be in charge of all acquisition marketing, managing the strategy, execution, and optimization across channels.
In this Role You Will:
- Drive how our digital campaigns are strategically, creatively and tactically linked across marketing touchpoints and how they deliver to the world
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including communications, content marketing / social, product, design, partnerships, social, and programs) to develop a cohesive narrative and GTM strategy; Ensures all cross-functional workstreams stay on brief and deliver against goals.
- Develop a go-to-market plan that spans across the web, email, social, paid, earned media, programs, and partnerships for all initiatives (beyond social-only) to reach/engage new and existing audiences effectively
- Have a passion for architecting compelling campaigns and brand stories that speak to the target audience and center the experiences and voices of those most marginalized
- Set campaign objectives, KPIs and goals; deliver monthly reporting and post-mortem analysis; Uses data to analyze the effectiveness of marketing programs and find optimizations as well as new opportunities.
- Tackle complex and ambiguous problems with a strategic mindset; creates thoughtful and tactical action plans for solving those problems.
- Own the email and social calendars scheduling & production process from end-to-end, including scheduling & maintaining the overall campaign calendar and requesting/QA’ing/deploying campaigns for stakeholders.
- Work closely with our internal creative, dev & strategy teams to produce, schedule, and deploy best-in-class email campaigns.
- Follow QA protocol to confirm the email campaign has correct elements (e.g., subject line, copy, links, etc.) with 100% accuracy before scheduling send).
We’re looking for someone who has
- A passion for the mission of Code for America
- A strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- 5+ years of experience in consumer marketing, digital marketing or program marketing
- A proven track record of successfully managing integrated, cross-functional, sophisticated brand and product campaigns from scratch
- Experience inspiring creative thinking and leading cross-functional teams to successful outcomes
- Stellar project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, and flexible marketing writing skills with the ability to write concise briefs, web/email/ad copy, etc.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; consumer brand and/or startup experience a plus
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and a thoughtful, creative, proactive approach
- In-depth knowledge in ESP (Email Service Provider) or Marketing Automation platforms (e.g., Hubspot, Marketo, Mailchimp).
- Versatile, able to be self-directed, get stuff done and work in a dynamic startup environment
- A proactive approach to projects, no task is too small.