At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Digital MarketingThe Consumer Bank Marketing Technology (MarTech) team is seeking a Senior Manager tolead the Marketing Experience and SEO team. As the team lead, this person will be responsible for how consumers see, navigate and interact with the Bank's Digital Presence (web, mobile) in a measurable way. As a primary focus the person will help create strategies to increase interaction and conversion with bank products and features. They will oversee two workstreams, Web Experience and SEO. The Web Experience workstream leverages a mix of homegrown site platform and third party content management, digital asset management and analytics tools. The SEO workstream is comprised of three tracks of work: acquisitions and organic SEO, local SEO and content marketing. It will be integral tothe success of the job to work with key partners in marketing, across the enterprise and with technology to lead decisions and work streams. He or she should thrive in creative, fast-paced, and data-driven environments. This role will report to the Marketing Technology's Director of Automation and Experience.
About the Role:
- Provide tactical and strategic leadership to the Web Experience and Content, SEO and Web personalization functions
- Apply user experience best practices and latest innovations to guide continuous improvement to the Bank website.
- Guide with best practices and innovative ideas on SEO/content marketing to improve findability of Bank content
- Represent the Bank in the migration to centralized Content and Digital solution
- Closely work with enterprise and technology partners to bring to life new initiatives in a win-win fashion
- Work with marketing partners to drive strategy of new campaigns and the role the web plays in them
- Be an exceptional people manager
- Leverage the power of data and analytics to increase the engagement with the Site
- Be able to forecast deposit growth from Web and SEO, and implement measures tohit growth targets
- Manage relationships with external partners that are leveraged in these workstreams
- Capital One is a mission-driven company that provides purpose for all Associates outside of day-to-day work
- Being a part of the local community is highly encouraged and supported at Capital One; ranging from pro bono digital marketing work for non-profits to participating in team building exercises near office locations
- Ongoing learning is fostered to remain on top of current industry trends (conferences, classes, external guest speakers)
- At least 10 years of marketing or digital experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in marketing, computer science or a related field or Military experience
- Strong Experience as a business champion for Site Management platforms and/or Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Proven experience in a Business role managing web properties for medium to large scale organizations and proven experience in increasing engagement/conversion
- Familiar with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst, Data Studio, and Google Tag Manager
- Familiar with web test/learn, optimization tools and methodologies
- Ability to roadmap and execute on a path to a personalized site experience
- Familiarity with agile methodology a plus
- Strong written communication skills and public speaking; able to share workconfidently
- Organized and effective time management
- High energy, fail-fast / learn-fast, curious, collaborative, creative
- Proven experience in leading teams of people
- Ability to lead while under pressure, as well as being highly responsive to business needs
- Excellent web/digital media knowledge, strategic thinking ability and grasp of projectmanagement fundamentals
- Ideal candidate will have retail industry or financial services industry experience