At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
As a dynamic marketer in this role you will be responsible for driving brand health metrics such as awareness, relevance, and consideration, and supporting audience growth segments through paid media programs. You will need to bring your deep understanding of upper funnel metrics and experience with media measurement across brand channels such as TV, Online Video, OTT and Paid Social (Facebook, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc). You will also have the opportunity build new marketing channels for the business.
As a member of the Growth Marketing team, you will work with our media platform partners and agencies to develop innovative media programs from strategy through implementation. You will also be responsible for optimizing our creative approach to breakthrough with consumers.
In this role you will also partner with our brand marketing team to develop activation strategies for omnichannel campaigns. Examples include the Northwestern Mutual ongoing brand campaigns, SARE and Women’s focused campaigns and collaborating with field agent marketing over the next few years.
As the ideal candidate, you will have an entrepreneurial spirit, a high degree of curiosity, and hold a high standard for your work and the overall results. You will be able to exercise your future focused approach as to how we will reach our audience as consumption habits shift. Your experience managing an agency relationship and working cross-functionally with internal teams such as creative, analytics and product marketing will be invaluable. If you have previous experience managing large scale paid social campaigns that is a plus.
How you will do it:
- Help define strategy across upper funnel digital media channels with the goal of driving increased brand metrics ultimately leading to scalable lead volume at an efficient cost-per-lead.
- Ensure we are targeting the right audiences with precision 3rd party digital data and mining to develop best-fit segments.
- Help guide and coordinate with the media agency, day-to-day media performance and ensure new campaigns are performed flawlessly.
- Focused on measurement first with the ability to develop important metrics and goals for each channel and proactively make optimization recommendations when campaigns are in-market.
- Experience working with an MMM to inform media channel mix and MTA experience is a plus.
- Manage learning agenda and seek out new test opportunities across the digital ecosystem that have the potential to generate leads at scale in paid social and drive brand health metrics in upper funnel channels.
- Partner with the Associate Media Director and agency to develop new measurement approach to future proof our measurement strategy pre cookie deprecation.
- Develop projections and media plans on a quarterly basis in conjunction with the agency.
- Work with the organic social team to ensure strategies are aligned and contributing to business success.
- Partner with creative and digital producers to develop creative experiences for each platform or channel.
- Own the briefing process for all new digital advertising (inclusive of banners, social, search copy, landing pages, etc.).
- Brief creative partners on critical messaging needs and work alongside designers and copywriters to ensure advertising meets brand standards and achieves the business goal.
- Report back on creative results to inform future design iterations.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- 5+ years of experience in B2C Digital Marketing.
- Ability to QA data to ensure all reporting is accurate.
- Experience developing a brand building testing roadmap for existing upper funnel channels and new channels.
- Deliver insight driven creative briefs for media messages and landing page experiences. This includes developing audience level tests to validate assumptions and key insights.
- Stay on top of new ad formats, communicating new opportunities to the team and making recommendations as to what should be tested.
- Ability to build strong relationships cross-functionally (creative, tech, product) as well as collaborate with outside agencies and vendors.
- Strong judge of creative and knowledge of methods, tools and techniques across digital channels like OLV, OTT and all paid social platforms.
- Strong analytical skills extracting insights, interpreting data and making recommendations that will optimize performance.
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and drive projects independently.
- Passion and ability to work in a fast paced team environment. Upbeat, personable, positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong project management skills ensuring all timelines are met and objectives are clearly communicated. Experience managing a team and working with an advertising agency'
- Ability to maintain key department metrics with an eye for detail.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, social tactics and strategies that generate leads and paid social measurement opportunities
- Ability to recommend innovative ideas that ladder up to NM’s objectives.
- Analytical mind, uses data and insights to develop lead-generating tactics
- Ability to navigate complex compliance concerns.
Some things you will love about the company:
- Values – community, engaged, family first, philanthropy, policy holder driven business.
- An entire floor dedicated to exercise equipment and related fitness facilities.
- Relationship-based business (communications are critical).
- Flexibility of a hybrid working arrangement, with a blend of days working on campus and working remotely.
- Free lunches, yes FREE lunches - at Northwestern Mutual we have professional chefs preparing multiple lunch options every day. Our lunches are about more than delicious food. They are a dedicated time in your day to network and make connections throughout the organization.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more