From ESPN’s website, its apps and ESPN+ to Social Media, streaming and digital video services and other content platforms, ESPN’s digital footprint continues to grow at an exciting pace—and the Digital Content Growth team needs a scrappy, creative thinker to help ESPN grow faster and smarter.
The mission of the Digital Content Growth team is to drive reach, increase user engagement and grow revenue by using data to inform smart decisions across all platforms. As a member of the team, the Associate Director will focus on the role content plays in the conversion funnel. They will analyze and evangelize how content and its promotion leads to subscriptions, ESPN and Fantasy App downloads, new registrations, participation in fantasy games, adoption of alerts, and newsletter and calendar subscriptions. The Associate Director will identify gaps in our attribution data and develop new growth tools. They will build and manage productive relationships within different groups across ESPN and Disney, including Audience Development, TV and digital content, technology, product, marketing and sales. Most importantly, they will work closely with the people who create and distribute digital content to help them better understand the role their hard work plays in the long-term success of ESPN digital products.
This role requires a strong communicator with a passion for testing and iteration.
- Own the analysis and communication of key content conversion KPIs, such as ESPN+ subscriptions, ESPN and Fantasy App downloads, new registrations, participation in fantasy games, adoption of alerts, and newsletter and calendar subscriptions.
- Communicate regularly the effectiveness of content-led Growth efforts, as well as plans for future efforts.
- Actively participate in sports calendar planning and idea generation to promote Growth around top events.
- Identify gaps in the Growth toolkit and attribution data and partner in the development and integration of new growth levers.
- Develop ways to better understand our users and activate that information to improve conversion and retention.
- Build healthy, productive relationships with members across the organization, including other members of Audience Development, TV and digital content, technology, marketing and sales.
- Be proactive in experimenting while mitigating risk to user experience and the ESPN brand.
- Bring a daily enthusiasm, curiosity and energy to the job.
- At least 5 years of work experience in data analysis, statistics or growth-related role.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel including advanced formula development.
- Excellent communication skills with experience using PowerPoint, Keynote or an equivalent presentation software to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- Demonstrated data-driven decision-making capabilities with the ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis and a continued dedication to data accuracy.
- Experience with enterprise-level reporting platforms such as: Localytics, Mixpanel, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or related products and social tools.
- Knowledge of a data query and analysis language (SQL, R, etc.).
- Creative thinking and motivated self-starter, who prides themselves on solving complex problems and a passion for learning new skills.
- Passionate sports fan and familiarity with ESPN’s products and services
- Experience working with product and business partners to deliver actionable analytics via automated dashboards or ad hoc requests (direct pulling from databases).