The Senior Manager of DevOps will be responsible for leading the development efforts for the MobileIron Cloud Delivery Platform. The successful candidate will bring experienceworking with cloud technologies, monitoring solutions, and provisioning technologies. Outstanding leadership skills and a strong technical background are required to motivate and manage a talented team of engineers.
This role reports to the VP of Cloud Delivery and will be working closely with other Engineering functions, Product Management, Support and Sales. The team promotes an environment that nurtures creativity and provides a balance between autonomy & team work. Apply or join our talent community to learn more.
This position is located in Mountain View, CA HQ.
What you’ll be doing…
- Drive the Cloud Delivery Platform team whose responsibilities include AWS infrastructure, monitoring solutions and configuration management.
- Provide mentorship and lead by example by pushing the boundaries of innovation and technology
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in methodology as well as technology to continuously increase productivity
- Coordinate and collaborate with other Engineering Organizations, Product Management, Marketing, Support, etc.
- Develop accurate project schedules and maintain progress reporting
- Recruit and grow the team with the goal of building one of the best engineering teams in the Industry
- Promote and foster team spirit and culture across geographically distributed team built on open communication, collaboration, teamwork, trust and integrity
- Building resilient and self-scaling systems so that you can sleep through the night even in case of failure
- Manage 24x7 on-call production support rotation
Who you are...
- Results oriented, product focused with excellent attention to detail and quality
- Should be bright, creative, analytical, and dedicated to building a culture characterized by teamwork and a desire to meet customer needs
What you’ve done…
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in managing engineers preferably in a growing organization.
- 3+ years of experience with Agile methodologies/Tools and Lean thinking
- Deep hands-on technical expertise of developing and managing well-engineered solutions
- Programming experience using Ruby and/or Python
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, etc)
- Experience in Unix/Linux environment (CentOS, Ubuntu, and Amazon AMI)
- Solid networking experience
- Bachelor's in CS, CE or EE is required; MS in CS, CE or EE is preferred
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and/or Salt)
- Linux Containers and/or Docker
- Jenkins and Git