Purpose of Job:
The Senior Manager is required to manage a team of IT professionals to provide technology guidance, project delivery and product support for IB Latam AML EDL application.
The incumbent will have at least 10 years of progressive IT experience, preferable to the financial industry, the ability to manage a team of technology focused staff and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
The incumbent should also have a strong Project Management & Technical Support background. To lead the team, the individual must thrive on challenge, be proactive and dynamic, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn.
- Manage the team onsite and offsite (Direct and indirect reports) in area of project scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Ensure proper support procedures and processes are in place to support the various existing production systems.
- Negotiate IT project requirements such as scope, schedule, cost, resources, integration, change, quality, with stakeholders and vendors
- Manage communication with all area of the enterprise that impact scope, schedule, budget, risk & resources
- Build strong working relationship with peers within business lines and partner
- Participate in budgeting processes for department
- Establish and champion quality improvement activities for the department
- Accountable for managing assigned project and department budgets
- Participate in vendor product assessment and selection
- Meeting scheduled milestones to ensure project objectives are met in a timely manner and are in compliance with the IT technology Roadmap as well as other Bank’s standards and/or external regulatory standards such as SOX
- Manage the department and project recruitment, retention and staff performance.
- The incumbent is guided by Bank policy and receives general direction from the Director or VP.
- The incumbent is expected to function independently to ensure that the assigned tasks and project objectives are met.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical, project management skills, able to multi-task and manage concurrent projects
- Strong leadership, mentoring, coaching and motivational skills.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong vendor management skills, experience in negotiating contractual terms and managing offshore development teams.
- Disciplined in development methodology and familiar with software development technologies and concepts
- Excellent problem solving skills have vision and innovative approach to computer based solutions and ability to convey these ideas.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details
- Past experience leading/supervising teams of 10 or more, ability to motivate staff
- Excellent time management and organizational skills in order to deliver projects in a timely manner and deal with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Post graduate degree in computer science, business, math or engineering related discipline is desirable, along with 8-10 years of practical experience.
Requisition ID: 22139