The Senior Manager is required to manage a team of IT professionals to provide technology guidance, project delivery, vendor management and production support for multiple applications. The incumbent will have at least 10 years of progressive IT experience, preferable to the financial industry, the ability to manage a team of technology focused staff and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. Risk background an asset.The incumbent should also have a strong Agile mindset & Technical Support background. To lead the team, the individual must thrive on challenge, be proactive and dynamic, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn while managing multiple projects at any given time. Must be able to work face-to-face with clients, solving their immediate issues under tight timelines while always having an eye for the future direction of the bank.
Transaction Delivery Services(TDS) team is a Cloud and host/mainframe department that is using Scrum and Kanban agile framework to complete all development. The aim is to complete projects in a timely manner and produce minimal viable products to meet customer requests and just in time development. We are looking to build our team with influencers, makers, creators, and industry leaders who will drive our visions forward and enhance the experience of our business partners and customers.
- Manage a team of IT professionals and is responsible for systems analysis and application software development.
- Manage the team in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Negotiates IT Project requirements (i.e. deadlines, budgets, resources, etc.).
- Manages communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with peers within the business lines.
- Participate in budgeting processes and quality improvement activities for the department.
- Accountable for managing assigned project and/or departmental budgets.
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, are in compliance with IT Technology Roadmap and has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software projects and programs using Agile Scrum and Kanban framework
- 10+ years of progressive IT experience.
- Cloud and/or Host/mainframe development experience is an asset.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and is capable of multi-tasking and managing concurrent tasks and initiatives.
- Requires advanced expertise in complex business/technical processes and their application within the organization.
- Facilitates problem resolution when necessary.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to detail..
- Strong interpersonal skills and can build and foster relationships with peers.
- Worked in Agile labs or used Agile Scrum and Kanban framework.
- Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or related work experience.