About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine.Why supply chain at Stryker? As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will make a daily impact on the lives of others. Apply today and you will get a chance to work with high-functioning, driven people who all have the same mission of making healthcare better. Plus, we have an award-winning culture and were recently named the #5 World's Best Workplace by Fortune!
- Who we want - Managers who drive performance. People who implement process improvements and leverage the talent of their team to consistently increase performance and productivity.
- Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What you will do - The Senior Manager, Demand Planning will manage a team of Demand Managers and Analysts that is responsible for creating and maintaining an accurate demand plan. You will interact with Sales, Marketing and Operations to drive inventory costs down, including product lifecycle management, and optimize service levels to customers. You will also collaborate with IBP and Demand Planning Managers across the globe to drive and improve standardized planning processes.
- Additional responsibilities Manage a team that will assemble, analyze and adjust all data pertinent to creating the demand forecast: historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, financial budgets and inventory levels. Gather, analyze and validate data and review resulting statistical forecast models
- Collaborate with Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and Demand Planning Managers across the globe to drive standardized planning processes
- Ensure that forecasts and inventory measurements are prepared, reviewed, reported, and communicated to the Integrated Business Planning Manager within Global Ops and Division management. Ensure appropriate communication is provided back to the division
- Collaborate with Marketing and new product development teams to define launch strategy and manage product life cycle implications to demand and inventory
- Present recommendations for product rationalization to Executive Management
- Ensure that visibility is provided to the supply chain on expected demand or events through the demand signaling process
- Review KPIs to proactively identify misalignment between sales, demand, and supply chain capacity with relevant team to address and close gaps
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with Sales, Marketing and Finance personnel (Divisional IBP meetings)
- Achieve customer service levels, forecast accuracy, and inventory metrics for the division
- Lead and participate in the development, modification and improvement of procedures, policies and processes regarding demand planning inventory management
- Interact with operations management in the implementation and execution of Vendor Managed Inventory processes
- Drive implementation and use of corporate planning tools
- Review and oversee a wide range of processes including: short and long-term sales & demand planning and process improvements
- What you need -Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Finance/Accounting, or equivalent required. An MBA is highly preferred.
- 10+ years of business experience in Marketing, Sales & Operations management, Supply Chain management, Financial Planning, or related fields are required
- Demonstrated people management experience with ability to build talented teams and drive engagement required
- Experience with demand planning tools like Oracle Demantra, Demand Solutions or SteelWedge - highly preferred
- APICS, Lean Manufacturing Training, Process Excellence/Six Sigma tools - highly preferred
- Experience with leading new product introductions, process improvements, product/demand planning, and ERP systems - highly preferred
- Work experience in medical device industry - highly preferred
Our benefits Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities. Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at