Job ID 560704BR
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Senior Manager will be driven to understand the marketing, consumer insights and business applications and value of customer data and will drive cross-company plans aimed at identifying, collecting, processing, creating and distributing meaningful, rich consumer data. The Senior Manager will collaborate with technology partners to design and deliver cost effective, scalable and reliable solutions for a range of business clients including marketers and data scientists.
- Lead center of excellence data service team providing support to enterprise marketing initiatives and business unit personalization needs including mentoring and managing data quality, data analysis and BI developer team of 3 direct reports
- Work with technology partners to prioritize enterprise data warehouse initiatives related to the creation and management of central customer profiles across Disney’s first party digital and offline touch points.
- Identify key raw data attributes across Disney business unit systems to solve for or complement existing and future business use cases.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to showcase and leverage key data assets available in the enterprise data warehouse.
- Collaborate with Legal, Compliance, and IT to implement data governance solutions for sensitive consumer data, financial data, international data, and VPPA compliance.
- Lead business requirements in support of migration of current on premise data warehouse to a cloud-based, data lake architecture solution.
- Participate in various customer analytics and data capability RFPs including customer data integration, cloud database solutions, and master data management solutions.
- Drive cost-effective data solutions including leading build-versus-buy, automation development, vendor services evaluation and business value rationalization efforts.
- Total of 10+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in related roles during which both technical and management capability have been clearly demonstrated.
- Experience managing the full data product lifecycle encompassing opportunity identification, requirements gathering, design, development, execution and sunsetting
- Experience managing technology investments and costs related to vendor solutions as well as internal technical development investments
- 5+ years of experience managing data analysts, BI developers, and/or data scientists.
- Expertise in writing SQL queries against large data sets.
- Extensive expertise and/or demonstrated experience with databases, business intelligence tools, reporting, analytical environments, data management and warehousing, and the strategic use of information.
- Knowledgeable in how data assets are used in marketing, consumer strategy, reporting, analytical functions.
- Experience with large scale, multi-terabyte level data solutions supporting a range of business models including direct-to-consumer marketing, digital media and retail.
- Expertise in understanding business needs (including drawing out those unstated), and then meeting them with data solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with customers and engineers; equally credible with individual contributors and executives.
- Experience in a business environment where complex data acquisition and integration were successfully woven into operational excellence.
- Ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Ability to manage complexity well and demonstrated experience managing across functions and businesses to accomplish large scale goals.
- Ability to synthesize diverse requirements and communicate them to different audiences (both technical and non-technical).
- Experience partnering with technology teams on large scale customer data warehouses and tools a plus
- Experience and an understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes including, regression, predictive modeling and forecasting
- Experience with project management, agile development, and strategic roadmap planning.
- Experience with SAS, R, Python, and/or other analytical tools.
- Experience with cloud databases, migration to cloud databases, and data lake architectures.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science engineering and/or other related field of study
- Master’s degree in computer science / information science / engineering.