The Senior. Manager of Data Warehouse Operation is primarily responsible for the oversight of data ware house and BI operations for Information Management (IM) and providing leadership in the establishment of Operation excellence. The position is responsible for leading the teams and managing IM platforms across Database, ETL, replication, and BI. The Senior Manager also responsible for researching new technologies, making recommendations to senior management, forecasting future platform capacity planning, and continuous improving resilience to meet the company’s growth expectations. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and MGM Resorts International policies, procedures and legal requirements. At all times, the goals and interests of the department, division and all MGM Resorts International properties (individually and collectively) must be upheld and preserved.
- Direct IM local and offshore operations teams to improve Data Warehouse and Data operations, and manage customers SLA expectations and ensure delivery against committed SLAs
- Manage a team of employees, contract and consulting resources to ensure adequate support for all assigned IM applications including ETL, Data replication, DB for both day-to-day operations and on-call support
- Rationalize various IM technology stacks across data integration, data processing, backend database such as Teradata, Data Stage, GoldenGate, SQL server, Linux & Linux script languages
- Manage incidents, work requests, problem resolution, and change control workflow across IM systems
- Provide guideline and support for operations teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis
- Contribute to on-going IM technology assessment to adopt new technologies in data warehouse and BI space
- Work with department management to ensure operation processes conform to standards needed to deliver them efficiently in MGM environment
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Liaise with company's software and service suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and provide advice based on findings
- Evaluate proposals to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations
- Compile and maintain inventory of IM infrastructure software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements
- Review and analyze existing applications' effectiveness and efficiency, and develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent education/work experience.
- At least 6 years of IT experience with developing/managing Data Warehouse and business Intelligence applications.
- Proficiency with technology stacks such as Teradata, SQL Server, Data Stage, GoldenGate, Cognos, LINUX system and LINUX script languages.
- Experience working on cloud environment, Azure or Amazon or Google.
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Prior experience in data warehouse development and support.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology.
- Experience with SQL in association with data transformation, custom reporting & analysis, and data investigation desired. Experience with Python, R.
- Prior project management experience
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.