Hi. We’re TiVo. At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
As entertainment options grow and evolve, TV networks and service providers face new challenges in understanding their audiences and subscribers. At TiVo, our Analytics team combines the power of big data and cloud processing in our predictive analytics solutions to help these businesses optimize campaigns by audience and make decisions based on actual consumer behavior.
TiVo has developed a revolutionary cloud-based analytics platform that integrates massive data from set-tops, smart TVs, tablets and stream servers – basically anywhere that video is consumed – to deliver timely intelligence and actionable insights by leveraging big data and predictive analytics techniques
- Manage a team of data scientists to provided leading-edge solutions to big data challenges
- Work collaboratively with senior management to develop strategy and approach to defining business challenges to be answered by data science
- Collaborate with analysts, product managers, engineers and operations to build exceptional, data-driven products
- Provide industry thought-leadership and support external communication initiatives
- Provide leadership to data science team to analyze large data sets to extract actionable insights, apply machine learning at scale to predict audience behavior and consumption of digital media and develop tailored algorithms for large-scale nonlinear optimization problems
- Ensure data science organization practices meticulous validation to ensure high data cleanliness and quality
- Provide feedback and ability to challenge models when needed
- Communicate analysis and discoveries to team members and customers
- Think creatively and propose new directions and questions to pursue
- Hands-on experience in managing and leading expert data science teams
- Demonstrated thought-leadership both internally and externally
- Strong programming skills
- Experience in data mining and machine learning techniques such as clustering, pattern discovery, neural networks, decision trees, etc.
- Experience using statistical packages in python or R
- Ability and desire to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Familiarity with distributed computing infrastructures such as Hadoop/Spark
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
Benefits & Perks
Our employees and their families are important to us and our comprehensive pay, stocks and benefits programs reflect that. TiVo supports personal well-being, builds financial security, and enables employees to share in the success of TiVo. Rewards include:
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity, and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances, and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work including vacation, holidays, sick time, and 2 days of paid time off each year to serve and learn through TiVo Community Outreach.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can include: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities, conveniences such as dry cleaning and car washes, and recycling programs.