Strategy and Program Development
- With the Vice President of Legal and key stakeholders, evolve GMAC’s data privacy strategy and program, with an initial focus on consent management and data retention.
- Identify data privacy compliance risks and drive solutions, while enabling business objectives.
- Identify KPIs for the programs and track the same.
Data Privacy Program Management
- Update and maintain the privacy statements and other external privacy-related policies for GMAC and its subsidiaries.
- Update internal privacy and security policies, guidelines, and procedures to enable compliance and decision-making at the appropriate level in the business units.
- Monitor the privacy inboxes; research and respond to privacy inquiries or complaints.
- Manage privacy compliance projects.
- Advise on data monetization initiatives and marketing initiatives.
- Work with the Legal and Security leads to respond to privacy incidents.
- Enable business leads to conduct and document privacy-related assessments (e.g., DPIAs, PIAs, LIAs).
- Promote general staff awareness of GMAC’s data privacy policies, standards and requirements though blogs, newsletters and other communication methods.
- Train key staff on U.S. and international privacy requirements, including general awareness and specific functional areas (e.g., marketing, data management), and re-enforce on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement program to monitor and assess employee compliance with privacy program.
- Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in related field, or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
- 5 years’ experience in data privacy.
- CIPP certification.
- Knowledge of global legal requirements pertaining to data privacy.
- Adept at evaluating risk; comfortable with risk and making pragmatic decisions.
- Strong ability to communicate with internal clients and partners about the importance of privacy while maintaining good relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- General familiarity with social media and marketing activities that tend to have data privacy implications.
- Strong project management skills.
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, with a global workforce.
- Detail-oriented, business-friendly, and a team player, with an ability to think creatively and accommodate tight deadlines and business objectives.
- Ability to guide others in resolving complex issues of significance to the organization.
- Exceptional organizational, project planning, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team setting, and across external and internal stakeholder groups.
- Strong analytical skills and process improvement mentality.