- Be a leader and advocate for your team, your organization.
- Manage and grow an effective and efficient engineering organization.
- Partners with Product Development teams to design, develop and deliver data solution on our Data Lake.
- Supports Nike business units by providing data in a ready-to-use form to data analysts and data scientists for Business insights, predictive analytics, machine learning, etc.
- Owns and is accountable for the design and development of a Data solution feature or a Data Pipeline with high reliability, stability, scalability and performance.
- Designs or develops data model and enrich the analytical data sources for further usability and availability by advanced & cutting-edge technology.
- Collaborates with other teams or groups to identify challenges and design solutions.
- Establishes the technical direction for the team, driving the necessary changes and making appropriate technology choices working collaboratively with business partners and Enterprise Architecture teams.
- Actively participates, and provides guidance to enterprise-level data governance activities.
- Researches and manages relationships with data vendors to determine technical merit, partnership opportunities, and competitive intelligence.
- Recommends audit and review systems and practices to ensure compliance with procedures, regulations and standards
- Responsible for the employment, promotion recommendations, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling and discipline of employees.
- Manages competing priorities, workloads and activities to achieve multiple project objectives.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 12+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 5+ years people manager for software development team.
- 10+ years working in data engineer or a similar role in large enterprise data warehouse teams preferred.
- Expert in multiple Programming/scripting languages, i.e. Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java, Ruby, Scala and etc.
- Good understanding of database principles and SQL beyond just data access.
- Good understanding of Data Modeling Concepts, experience with modeling data and metadata to support relational & non-relational database implementations; experience with building Logical and Physical data models.
- Experience in working with various big data technologies, open source data processing frameworks. E.g., Spark, Hadoop, HBase, ElasticSearch, Pig, Hive, and so on.
- Good understanding of data processing, data structure optimization and design for high scalability, availability, reliability and performance.
- Good understanding of REST-oriented APIs, understanding of distributed systems, data streaming, Complex Event Processing, NoSQL solutions for creating and managing data integration pipelines for Batch and Real Time Data needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated background in leading teams and making others great.
- Partner and collaborate well with executives and customers at all levels.
- Intermediate level knowledge on following business domains is a plus (Marketing, e-commerce..).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.