What you’ll be doing...
Leading a team with diverse supportresponsibilities to enable the efficient and effective operation of the IT managed data centers through productivity enhancing tools, automation and streamlined processes. Working with the data center support teams and other IT support teams to drive end-to-end process improvements and efficiencies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Physical Asset Management Tool/Process Support & Administration.
- Audit Compliance & Support.
- Request & Work Flow Management, Process & Tool Administration.
- Financial Management (Capital/Expense budgeting, tracking & reporting).
- Data Center Capacity Management & Reporting.
- Program Management for Data Center Operations (i.e. data center consolidation, DC refresh program).
- Support for internally developed tools and websites.
- Media (Disk/Tape) Management (Inventory, Destruction).
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience as a technical lead in an Operations environment.
- Knowledge of physical operations roles and major work functions.
- Knowledge of Verizon systems and applications located and supported in the IT managed data centers.
- Experience in driving process improvement across diverse teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others (formally or informally) toward a common objective.
- Ability to effectively engage/interact with all levels within the organization.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.