We are seeking a Senior Manager Data Center Information Services (IS) to be responsible for maintaining, monitoring, optimizing, and recommending improvement to services provided within our Azure-hosted infrastructure . This role contributes directly to several of our key strategic initiatives including modernization, simplification, and operational excellence.
This role is also accountable for providing enterprise class reporting and analysis of the operational reliability, readiness, and availability of the compute environment residing in Azure. Additionally, this role will guide and develop automation and self-service capabilities related to delivering services in Azure.
This role works collaboratively with internal IS teams and external vendors to provide highly available and secure compute infrastructure services in the cloud.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain, monitor, optimize, and recommend improvement to services being provided within the Providence’s Azure-hosted infrastructure.
- Deliver Azure-hosted solutions which meet customer requirements.
- Drive the increase in self-service toolkits and automation for services provided in the cloud.
- Ensure that all activities of the Cloud Services Delivery organization are performed within the parameters of defined strategy and policy and in collaboration with other teams supporting our cloud environments.
- As a member of the Cloud Engineering and Operations leadership team, participates fully in the ownership of issues and incidents both within and outside the scope of Compute Operations.
- Ensure that all activities of the Cloud Services Delivery organization are performed within the parameters of defined strategy and policy and in collaboration with other groups within IS.
- Maintain currency on information technology in general and accountable disciplines. Continually evaluates the effectiveness of current strategies, technology and standards, recommending enhancements and modifications through established collaboration mechanisms.
- Maintain relationships with key business partners and other senior leaders in the IT industry in order to leverage best practices, evaluate emerging technologies, and distribute knowledge internally to inform plans and strategies.
- Develop and implement appropriate service delivery models for core functionalities where the IS organization is a trusted adviser in defining, delivering, and improving services for the enterprise and its customers.
- Attract, hire, train, motivate, retain, and develop a team of first-rate professionals to perform the responsibilities of the various communications functions.
- Working with IS leaders across PSJH, defines service models and reporting mechanisms for accountable disciplines as a part of overall PSJH IS service design.
- Designs, implements, maintains, and operates departmental Service Level Agreements, Operating Level Agreements, and associated KPIs.
- Monitor the performance of the accountable disciplines and evaluates the performance of technology services based on specific KPIs.
- Lead the development of and monitors compliance with policies and procedures for communications, consistent with overall strategy and standards, throughout PSJH.
- Oversee IS operations for the specific areas of accountability of this position.
- Serve as Sponsor and/or Owner, as appropriate, for technology projects and initiatives within areas of accountability.
- Ensure that direct reports are meticulous in executing defined administrative practices – budgeting, financial management, personnel management, compliance, mission, and other defined areas.
- In all activities, the incumbent treats all others with respect and demonstrates excellence, justice, and compassion in daily work.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all information, including financial/operational, employee/human resource, healthcare/patient data and information.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or Information Services OR equivalent education/experience
- 8 years related experience.
- 6 years leadership experience.
- Experience managing enterprise-class software development efforts.
- Information Services technical leadership experience in leading IS operations teams.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience managing a large Azure estate (strongly desired)
- Experience migrating infrastructure from onpremise datacenters to Azure
- Solid understanding of the software delivery lifecycle
- Experience operating in an Agile methodology
- Understanding of automated cloud infrastructure tooling; ideally Terraform
- A love of data and using it to make data-driven decisions.