Who you are...
You’re a driven self-starter, with an excellent knowledge of the customer support and contact center management industry, having spent at least 10-12 years building your career in a comparable technology company. You’re an excellent team player with proven experience in collaborating effectively with a diverse International team. You genuinely care about the success of your team, which coupled with your strong leadership allows you to motivate, develop, empower, and energize those with whom you work, teaching others the skills they need to effectively deliver on their goals and grow their careers. You have no problems challenging the status quo, and actively seek to deliver on performance objectives, improve efficiencies, optimize budget spend, lower costs and drive revenue. Committed to excellence, you ensure that Hootsuite’s world-class service and customer satisfaction are maintained/exceeded at all time.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Support at Hootsuite, you are responsible for managing a diverse multilingual team across assigned geographical Hootsuite’s global regions. You’ll manage a world-class team who provide the first line of response to Hootsuite customers worldwide through multi-channels within industry-leading service levels and customer satisfaction goals.
You are great at business analysis, relationship and project management, business process creation and streamlining workflows leveraging best in breed technology and automation to drive efficiency gains. You have a focus on delivering optimal customer interaction routing and handling to drive FiRT, reduce AHT and ticket touches balanced with flexibility to ensure that Hootsuite customers receive the best possible customer experience, across all contact channels and locations.
You are responsible for the management of the operational support models and performance. This will entail working with the extended leadership team on building sustainable, scalable global support models including tiered level support and operational enablement. You’ll also develop strategies around support solutions in the areas of BPI and Technology to optimize the operations and differentiate Hootsuite from our competitors.
Sitting in the Marketing organization, this role is critical to our business in ensuring the highest possible customer experience, ensuring customer issues are resolved quickly and efficiently to reduce churn / drive retention and increase customer lifetime value. The Senior Manager, Customer Support, interfaces with various global stakeholder and management teams to ensure seamless delivery of support across the assigned region(s). Travel is required for this position (i.e., quarterly regional visits)
You're Great At....
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies and programs on a worldwide basis
- Confident leading large, culturally diverse teams from multiple geographies and disciplines and managing large corporate accounts in escalated situations.
- Developing succession planning, inspiring teamwork and creating and sustaining a positive work environment
- Prioritizing challenges; identifying solutions; understanding business impact; and managing/delegating solutions implementation
- Must have a relentless focus on execution/implementation
- Must be an excellent team player with an ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse International team
- Must have a proven track record in business process improvement, cost/benefit analysis and ROI development
- Must be very customer oriented and focused on meeting the customer's needs
- Must have experience in project and resources management
- Excellent communication, report writing, presentation, workflow mapping and data analysis skills
- Proactive, highly organized and able to deal with information coming from different sources at once and able to prioritize delivery based on importance/urgency
- Possess a thorough understanding of social media and social media dashboards, and are able to present effectively to customers to showcase Hootsuite’s best in class social customer support offering.
- Manage a 24x7/365 day Customer Support team for Hootsuite Global Customers through multi-channels within industry-leading service levels and customer satisfaction goals
- Define new or recommend enhancements for customer support operations
- Contribute information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Workforce planning and management, recruitment and routing practices along with communication channels in the operations centers to ensure dynamic management of resources and optimal support standards to meet service levels
- Work with workforce management and regional managers to create schedules based on interval staffing needs and ensure advocate adherence.
- Provide thought leadership for “self-service” options, new contact channels and other relevant projects impacting the operations center(s).
- Collaborate with the Customer Support management team to drive value-add, increase ticket deflection and find efficiencies for customer advocates across the globe
- Work with the Director on the Tools and Technology requirements for Customer Support. Conducting preliminary research on current industry technology, defining scope and plan, preparing business cases and associated ROI
- Define new and analyse/audit existing Operational Support Business Processes and identify areas for optimization. Partner with the Regional Manager(s) on review, decision and implementation cycles to drive efficiencies. Examples include enhanced routing rules, proactive chat, tiered Technical Support, top contact driver prevention strategies, etc.
- Document formal business procedures and workflow diagrams to enhance Customer Support operational structure, knowledge sharing and training.
- Provide insights into industry/market competitive landscape to help drive support improvements to differentiate ourselves from our competitors.
- Meet contact center financial objectives by estimating requirements; participate in annual forecasting/budgetary planning process in the areas of scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepare performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies.
Candidate’s Key Competencies...
- Minimum 10+ year leadership experience working in a customer support operational center, workforce management environment or related industry (preferably in a Saas organization) servicing multiple channels, SLAs and varying KPIs
- At least 3 years of Telephony configuration/routing/skilling experience
- Experience working with Global Partner Support Models [VAR’s, ISV’s]
- Experience with contact support center applications and systems, including IVR, ACD, Chat/Ticketing platforms and WFM.
- Strong understanding of workforce management concepts, including staffing, scheduling and attendance administration.
- Ability to manage and execute strategies, projects and programs on a worldwide basis.
- Proven results leading distributed teams from multiple geographies and disciplines
- Proven analytical skills with an emphasis and focus on business process improvements, cost/benefit analysis and ROI development
- Must possess very strong problem solving and resolution experience.
- Must be an excellent team player with an ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse International team.
- Must be very customer oriented and focused on meeting the customer's needs
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong report writing, workflow mapping and data analysis skills
- Strong leadership skills in order to motivate, develop, empower, and energize those with whom s/he works.
- Comfort with constant iteration and change in a high paced environment
- Proven ability to be a strategic thinker and problem solver
- Passion for with social media
- Familiarity with customer support technologies i.e., ticketing [Zendesk] and billing platforms
- Knowledge of the social networking industry, including Hootsuite’s key competitors, their unique value propositions, and what sets Hootsuite apart
- Fluency in a second language
- Technical support background
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.