As a member of our Local Team, you will be responsible for executing our strategic advantage: winning, maintaining and growing the best merchants in each city. As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team to improve the way we interact, retain and build relationships with our partners. You will report to the Regional General Manager.
What you’ll do
- Lead – Manage a team of Strategic Partner Managers that work to grow merchants relationships with our key accounts across the Region.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Merchant Operations, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and Sales teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve market revenue goals
- Strategize – Work with our Merchant Operations team to devise and execute the overall operational strategy for “winning with the merchant”
- Business Development – Generate new business and strategic investment opportunities by being the local liaison for new products to roll out in your region. This includes everything from Drive to DoorDash For Business
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of merchant acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments. Forecast and evaluate OKR achievement for our book of business.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from commissary kitchens, to in-store marketing, to launching new verticals
- Natural leader – You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team. Coaching others and seeing them achieve their goals gives you energy.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions. You can manage a geographically distributed team and remotely liaise with central functions.
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans. You enjoy solving problems through collaboration with others.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- 6+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / sales / operations / technology / analytics or related experience
- 2+ years experience managing a team to achieve individual and shared goals
- Experience in a client facing or account management role
- High EQ and natural interpersonal skills. A connector and expert communicator who will ‘close the distance’ between the regional office and rest of DoorDash
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with restaurant industry, small and medium businesses and/or tech preferred
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Spanish language skill is a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.